PDA

View Full Version : Bush to address in Prime Time

Exsubmariner
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
My President (and yours) is going to address the nation at 8 PM this evening. I hope Scrub (as I affectionately think of him) is going to say we are pulling out of Iraq. I hope he goes further and explains we are doing so in order to invade Syria.
Flame politards, flame.
Edit: I hope this follows an announcement we have nuked Iran and North Korea.
2nd edit: I'm obviously having fun here. But seriously, any speculations on what he will talk about?

masse75
06-24-2005, 12:50 PM
nucular proliferashun.

Spreading Freedom and Democracy.

How the new Iraqi gov't is a "good bunch of folks."

Same [censored]. Different day.

Would expect the same from either party...no matter who's in power.

kurto
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nucular proliferashun.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

The majority of what he says has got to be about countering all the negative things being said about Iraq.

Democracy is thriving, the insurgency is in its last throws, stay the course.

The real debate is... do I bother watching or is it better to go rent a movie from blockbuster?

superleeds
06-24-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But seriously, any speculations on what he will talk about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fear

tek
06-24-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The real debate is...do I bother watching or is it better to go rent a movie from blockbuster?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going here (http://www.targetcenter.com/eventDetail.aspx?scheduleID=930) tonight.

kurto
06-24-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm considering seeing the new Romero flick. I've seen all his 'Dead' films, but none of them in the theater.

SpearsBritney
06-24-2005, 03:00 PM
blah blah blah...terrorists...evil-doers...blah blah...911...stay the course....Iran...nukes....911....evil-doers....North Korea....911....911....911....blah blah blah..Seria supporting "insurgents"...911...911...911.....911....911...blah blah blah

CollinEstes
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
I bet he will say freedom atleast 50 times and I am sure there will be a reference or four to 9/11. (as usual).

PS. Land of the Dead is said to be Romero's best movie yet.

tek
06-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Agreed. That's why I am not palying into the terrorist Bush family's hand. I'm not reading the establishment media (or any) propaganda. I'm not listening to politicians. I'm just going to relax and have fun from now on.

That's the only way to win against the white house nazis.

shots
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet he will say freedom atleast 50 times and I am sure there will be a reference or four to 9/11. (as usual).

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be very disturbing if you don't believe in freedom and want everyone to forget about 9/11.

player24
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
This is sad. Is everyone here so sure of themselves that they don't even want to hear what the President of the US has to say during a war? Give the guy a chance...leave your mind open at least a little.

SpearsBritney
06-24-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is sad. Is everyone here so sure of themselves that they don't even want to hear what the President of the US has to say during a war? Give the guy a chance... leave your mind open at least a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic POTD. I wouldn't miss this for the world. It's gonna be hilarious.

SpearsBritney
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Isn't this thing going to be on Tuesday, or did they change it?

player24
06-24-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is sad. Is everyone here so sure of themselves that they don't even want to hear what the President of the US has to say during a war? Give the guy a chance... leave your mind open at least a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't find any humor in this situation...in any respect. But, why not listen with an open mind?

****rhetorical question alert...don't expect an answer*****

SpearsBritney
06-24-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't find any humor in this situation...in any respect. But, why not listen with an open mind?

****rhetorical question alert...don't expect an answer*****

[/ QUOTE ]

****Well, I'll give you one anyway.*****

If you buy into any of his fear-mongering, then you're the one with the closed mind. That is all.

CollinEstes
06-24-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be very disturbing if you don't believe in freedom and want everyone to forget about 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Oh I forgot it isn't ok to joke about it. Besides I think it is total crap to bring up 9/11 only to make it seem like people who don't agree with something are unpatrotic an don't care about the people who died. I am very much a Republican but I can't stand to hear all those Republican congressman bring up 9/11 to help pass a bill about flag burning or whatever.

SpearsBritney
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Oh I forgot it isn't ok to joke about it. Besides I think it is total crap to bring up 9/11 only to make it seem like people who don't agree with something are unpatrotic an don't care about the people who died. I am very much a Republican but I can't stand to hear all those Republican congressman bring up 9/11 to help pass a bill about flag burning or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this bill is nothing more than a means to conjure up patriotism to further support their war(s).

Opponents to flag burning will be reminded that they love their country, while evoking feelings of anger and hostility. Proponents will be reminded that they need to protect their freedom(s).

I'm not making this stuff up, it happens all the time. This is how the world (politics) really works.

(really, I'm not crazy /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

hurlyburly
06-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Sign me up for the 2 minute hate.

I've always dug fascism, it's got such pure goals.

masse75
06-24-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is sad. Is everyone here so sure of themselves that they don't even want to hear what the President of the US has to say during a war? Give the guy a chance...leave your mind open at least a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...I'm a strict constitutionalist. I've seen no such declaration of war from Congress.

mmbt0ne
06-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Well, it's almost 9, what did he say?

shots
06-25-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In reply to your question about being serious no I was not. But it does bother me that if Bush talks about 9/11 in a relevent context people accuse him of talking advantage of 9/11 for political purposes. Also I've heard many people complain about Bush's overuse of the word freedom but it's what he believes is the key to changing countries from pits run be despots to prosporuss nations and I must say that I agree.

shots
06-25-2005, 01:38 AM
BTW I'm pretty sure the speach is on Tuesday.

PhatTBoll
06-25-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...I'm a strict constitutionalist. I've seen no such declaration of war from Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be a novel interpretation of "commander-in-chief" indeed to come to the conclusion that this person does not have the power to declare war on another nation. Were you trying to make a joke?