PDA

View Full Version : College basketball saturdays

mikelow
01-26-2003, 09:39 PM
How does one approach the Saturday board with 90+ games on it? How selective should one be? I play 13 games on the Saturdays during conference play and I had my first losing Saturday in nearly two monts. I know this may be regression to the mean, but should one be trying to pick winners of games like St. Mary's--Santa Clara? Or should you stick to the key matchups (where I did better).

Now, there may be soft lines in the lesser conferences, but if you work during the week, may it's better just to specialize. Is playing the whole board (which worked out fine until now) a mistake?

Comments appreciated.

Smackdab
01-27-2003, 01:22 PM
I don't try to make too many selections with a board that big. Stick to what you know and can research reasonably. Anything else turns out to be a guess which I have found to be unprofitable.

Only 2 plays for me Sat. and both were winners.

MHoydilla
01-27-2003, 03:55 PM
I personally like to concentrate on NBA so I'll only bet 6 or less college games a week. But with picking so many games; 13 in a day what kinda of win % are u going for? Do you believe your knowledge of these teams you bet on is so great that you can beat the public perception in such a large number of games? I would also like to say that I cant not in that high of volume seem to find games with a high EV, but I ve been duing poorly of late so maybe you can. I know this doesnt answer your ? but still wondering.