PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Dead

swede123
06-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Anyone seen it yet (early viewing or whatever)? It got pretty good reviews so I'm tempted to sneak out of work early and check it out. Zombie movies are awesome.

Swede

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Zombie movies are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

All pretty much the same though, and they've been making way too many of them the last couple of years.

Alobar
06-24-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zombie movies are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

All pretty much the same though, and they've been making way too many of them the last couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, first goonies, and now this statement? I really wanna like you jake, but you make it really hard /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh, first goonies, and now this statement? I really wanna like you jake, but you make it really hard /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is it about my statement that's incorrect?

Tron
06-24-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much everything. The differences in zombie movies are subtle, which is important to zombie connoisseurs. And one zombie move per quarter would be optimal.

Alobar
06-24-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much everything. The differences in zombie movies are subtle, which is important to zombie connoisseurs. And one zombie move per quarter would be optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much everything. The differences in zombie movies are subtle, which is important to zombie connoisseurs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh. You mean differences like they have different actors that run between the slow moving zombies that eventually break into whatever building they barricade themselves into and eventually eat everyone except the one guy/girl that escapes leaving it open for a sequel.

[ QUOTE ]
And one zombie move per quarter would be optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]
After Sundown (2005) (V)
Biohazard 4 (2005) (VG)
Breakfast of Imbeciles (2005) (V)
Corpses Are Forever (2003) (V)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Dead Things (2005) (V)
Deadhunt (2005) (VG)
Escape from the Dead (2003) (V)
Even Dead Men Die (2006)
Evil On Queen Street: Domination (2005) (V)
Hallow's End (2003) (V)
Hood of the Living Dead (2005) (V)
House of the Dead (2003)
I'll See You in My Dreams (2003)
Land of the Dead (2005)
Night Life, The (2004)
Noctem (2003) (V)
Poultrygeist: Attack of the Chicken Zombies! (2006) (V)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Snow Day, Bloody Snow Day (2005)
Space Zombies: 13 Months of Brain-Spinning Mayhem! (2004)
Teeth of Doom (2003)
Undead (2003)
Wretched, The (2006)
Zombiegeddon (2003) (V)
Zombies (2003)

istewart
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
This movie looks so terrible it cannot be expressed in words.

Dan Rutter
06-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I am planning on seeing it this weekend sometime.

wacki
06-24-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh. You mean differences like they have different actors that run between the slow moving zombies that eventually break into whatever building they barricade themselves into and eventually eat everyone except the one guy/girl that escapes leaving it open for a sequel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake, why do you even bother living. I mean seriously. All you do is get up, eat, [censored], go to work, come home, eat, beg your wife for some sex, log on to 2+2 and type in a bunch of crap.

next day:

Get up, eat, [censored], go to work, come home, eat, beg your wife for some sex, log on to 2+2 and type in a bunch of crap.

the day after:

get up, eat, [censored], go to work, come home, eat, beg your wife for some sex, log on to 2+2 and type in a bunch of crap.

and after that:

get up, eat, [censored], go to work, come home, eat, beg your wife for some sex, log on to 2+2 and type in a bunch of crap.

swede123
06-24-2005, 01:42 PM
You left out going to the bar for happy hour.

Swede

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You left out going to the bar for happy hour.
Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! This is why I bother living! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wacki
06-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Jake, did you like 28 days? I can see you hating the last half but what about the first half?

Also, Dawn of the dead remake, did you like that one? The one with Ving Rames.

http://img.stopklatka.pl/filmowcy/00300/00339/0.jpg

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake, did you like 28 days? I can see you hating the last half but what about the first half?

Also, Dawn of the dead remake, did you like that one? The one with Ving Rames.

http://img.stopklatka.pl/filmowcy/00300/00339/0.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* I did not say anywhere that I hate all zombie movies. I said they're pretty much alike, and they've made too many the last couple of years. No, I didn't like 28 days. Yea, I thought the one with Ving was o.k. I liked Shaun of the Dead too. And there was one other one the last couple of years that I thought was o.k. but the names are all so similar I don't really remember it. At the end, they end up in some military compound or something.

edit: o.k. i take it back. that last one i was thinking of was 28 days later. i had it confised with the other one where the kids are in the cabin turning into zombies. what was that one?

Blarg
06-24-2005, 02:18 PM
I'd bet far less than 1% of the population has even heard of all those movies, and not much more would have a chance to see even a majority of them. For most of us, what some drunk Canadian filmed on his home video camera or what banged around hillbilly drive-ins for three weeks two summers ago doesn't count.

For zombie movies the average moviegoer might have seen or heard of that came out in the last year or two, I'd only bring up Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead, and 28 Days Later. Each one was kind of unusual in its own way, and taken together they don't make for a flood.

Zombie movies are going into a bit of a revival lately, but that's cool. Everything goes in cycles, and there weren't a whole lot of even close to mainstream ones coming out for a long time. It's not like they flooded the media like vampire movies or something, which really did flood the media pretty hard. And all three I noted above were much better than your standard horror exploitation crap flick.

As to zombies always doing the same thing, well, that's what zombies do. Who wants to see a romantic comedy with them?

Actually scratch that. I think I WOULD find some smarmy cliched kissy face stuff with Sandra Bullock and Jude Law or something a lot more bearable to watch if they actually WERE zombies instead of just acting like them. When they inevitably fell backwards laughing into a swimming pool, it might actually be funny for the first time if their legs and arms floated out of their pants and sleeves and their guts started unfurling in the water and releasing Snickers bars. Now that would make winsome, vaguely miffed Yuppies with freeze-frame smiles finally worth watching.

wacki
06-24-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As to zombies always doing the same thing, well, that's what zombies do. Who wants to see a romantic comedy with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been done. It's called Dead Alive. I'm not sure how I feel about that movie. There were tons of parts that made me laugh. There were also a lot of parts that made me want to turn off the TV.

Blarg
06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Just read through the descrip on netflix. Sounds like it wallows in the gross-outs a bit too much for my taste.