PDA

View Full Version : Falafel in NYC?

Wintermute
06-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Normally I make the decisions about what's going to happen for dinner, but the tonight's victim--er, date I should say is worth bending over backwards for... she wants falafel, what's a good place? I've heard good things about Mamoun's in the village, any others?

Proximity to good bars also taken into consideration (hence Mamoun's)

samjjones
06-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Is she Lebanese?

Wintermute
06-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't know her last name... hm. I doubt it, b/c she makes it sound like falafel is a little exotic for her. She is brunette, however.

hoopsie44
06-24-2005, 12:04 PM
What exactly is falafel ?

chaas4747
06-24-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is falafel ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This site describes it Falafel (http://www.google.com/)

IndieMatty
Is this a date? I mean falafel joints are great but not like the place to bring a girl?

That being said, on tuesday night I had Damask on Avenue A and 6. Awesome.

xadrez
The closet in my bedroom is bigger than Mamoun's, so I wouldnt suggest going there on a date. In fact, it usually impossible to sit down, and once you do you must eat fast and leave. Its a take out place.

Mamoun's does make good felafel though.

turnipmonster
06-24-2005, 12:13 PM
mamoun's is the best, if the weather is nice get it to go and eat in washington sq park which is close by.

--turnipmonster

turnipmonster
06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
are there any good bars in that part of town? I pretty much hate all the bars near there, with the exception of cafe creole.

Wintermute
06-24-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm talking about the Mamoun's at MacDougal... there are plenty of good meat-market bars right there, fat black pussy cat, off the wagon, 1894, etc

never heard of cafe creole, where dat?

this isn't a date so much as it is an excuse to get together, grab a bite, get drunk, and screw. in other words, i'm not trying to impress this girl... just need to keep her happy/distracted for long enough to warrant tossing it in her

jnalpak
06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard good things about Mamoun's in the village, any others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your joking about Mamouns for a date...have you ever been there? Whoever mentioned this to you must have been making a joke because this is the LAST place you bring a girl if you want to get laid.

Mamouns is the place you go to after your shitfaced walking along bleeker&mcdougal @ 2am....

depending i guess on the type of "date" you want to go on Mamouns AINT the place to be. if you want something romantic hit up Candella's. If you want something craptastic then go to mamouns....

then again, on a whole selfish side. I would probably bring a date to katz's just b/c thats what I WANTED /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: I just read your response above this, if your looking to get a quick bit, drink, and screw this place is definitly INCORRECT. Shwarma and yogurt sauce does not go with humping.

turnipmonster
06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
yeah I hate meat market places /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

KingMarc
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
If you really want to bend backwards for her..fly to the middle east and come back. Israeli falafel from the random places on the beaches owns. American falafel is a mere imitator.

jcmack13
06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mamoun's is the best, if the weather is nice get it to go and eat in washington sq park which is close by.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone says Mamoun's is best. Everyone is wrong. Ali Baba's is across the street from Mamoun's, and is better, cheaper, but little known.

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ali Baba's is across the street from Mamoun's, and is better, cheaper, but little known.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have to know the secret password to open the secret door.

hoopsie44
06-24-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ali Baba's is across the street from Mamoun's, and is better, cheaper, but little known.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have to know the secret password to open the secret door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of traffic. You may have to double park your magic carpet.

Philuva
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Cafe Rakka on St. Marks b/t 1st and 2nd was my favorite. Plus, tons of great bars close.