PDA

View Full Version : The amazing affects of tilt: You'll raise with that?

Inthacup
01-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Playing 3 6. Game is loose and juicy. I'm in LP w/ K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Table is breaking up, only 6 of us left now. Ep limps, Mp limps(mp is tilting like I've never seen) and I raise. Blinds fold, Ep folds(!?), Mp calls.

Flop: K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

MP checks, I bet, MP check-raises. I laugh and call.

Turn: 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

MP bets, I call.

River: 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

MP bets, I raise, MP reraises. I feel foolish about capping it, so I call.

MP shows 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . WOW.

Now that you've seen how this MP plays, would you cap next time? He could have just as easily had 4 5, 4 7, 4 9, 5 7, 7 9, 5 9 as 4 2. How aggressively do you play the truly unpredictable opponent?

Glenn
01-26-2003, 09:22 PM
You are usually going to get all of his money anyways so there is no use in pushing marginal edges and increasing your variance. The last thing you want to happen is for him to hit 2 lucky hands and get even. If a tiliting player gets even, he usually stops tilting which is what you really don't want.

ZManODS
01-27-2003, 01:05 AM
like you said yourself, this player is on tilt. When a playing is on tilt youll often see check-raises/anr raises with crap... so the best you can do is call. If you re-raise when he actually does have something, and he re-raises, youve only helped him.