PDA

View Full Version : 6 handed 100/200 ATo

bicyclekick
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
A horrible player (way too loose, way too passive, doesn't get poker...) limps utg, the sb seems LAG but hasn't been around that long completes, I check A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Flop K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I raise, utg folds, sb calls.

Turn 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check check

River

3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks again and I bet.

Thoughts?

augie00
06-24-2005, 10:12 AM
EZ bet on the river. I can't see how he'd check a K or the flush on the river. I don't know what I would do if he checkraised me on the river.

daryn
06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
why not raise preflop for value? you can't be worried about utg's hand. i like to take the initiative preflop in a hand.

anyway, considering you checked, your flop play is clear, you have the best hand and you want to play HU with the LAG.

i guess you were trying to avoid a flop c/r on the turn? i might bet it, and call a raise. since you checked, and the river blanked, must bet.

bicyclekick
06-24-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not raise preflop for value? you can't be worried about utg's hand. i like to take the initiative preflop in a hand.

anyway, considering you checked, your flop play is clear, you have the best hand and you want to play HU with the LAG.

i guess you were trying to avoid a flop c/r on the turn? i might bet it, and call a raise. since you checked, and the river blanked, must bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost raised pre-flop. Sometimes I will, but I think i used to too much. AT is a great hand 3 handed but I think I can up my expectation from the LAG small blind if i check versus raise.

bicyclekick
06-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Now that I'm going through this hand again and again I think betting the turn is the correct play. I think checking behind on the river might be good if he calls the turn, unless a spade comes. I'd bet a spade of course...or made 2 pair or trips.

daryn
06-24-2005, 10:21 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost raised pre-flop. Sometimes I will, but I think i used to too much. AT is a great hand 3 handed but I think I can up my expectation from the LAG small blind if i check versus raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes sense if he will likely lead weak at the flop.

i agree re: turn bet. bet the best hand baby.

SL__72
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I'm going through this hand again and again I think betting the turn is the correct play. I think checking behind on the river might be good if he calls the turn, unless a spade comes. I'd bet a spade of course...or made 2 pair or trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my initial reaction when I read it. Bet turn, check behind on the flop unless you improve.

The Truth
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I like raising preflop.

dbecham
06-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Is it possible that he would push a flush draw harder on the flop, or even his top pair decent kicker for that matter? Once you have eliminated UTG, SB's aggression level will likely cause him to 3 bet the flop with top pair or flush draw. Since, he refrained from 3 betting you on the flop i think this is the perfect card for a continuation bet.

autobet
06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
standard value bet

ActionBob
06-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm likely raising preflop in this spot.

The way the hand played out with you, I'm betting the turn after he checks.

-ActionBob

The Dude
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I think he'll have a spade in his hand too often to check this turn. I doubt he'll fold any spade, so I'd rather put the bet in on the turn than the river.

PokerBob
06-24-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A horrible player (way too loose, way too passive, doesn't get poker...) limps utg, the sb seems LAG but hasn't been around that long completes, I check A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Flop K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I raise, utg folds, sb calls.

Turn 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check check

River

3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks again and I bet.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig. Are you calling a river bet? Are you raising a river bet?

BreakfastBurrito
06-24-2005, 06:00 PM
For those of you advising a turn bet, how would you respond to a check raise? Since he seems LAG, I'm assuming a call down.

mscags
06-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I like the way you played it.