PDA

View Full Version : We don't need Bill Fillmaff

meow_meow
06-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Phil does a great job all by himself.

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I just listened to Phil Gordon's podcasts from this year's WSOP, including a couple of interviews with Hellmuth.

What a self agrandizing donkey.
Phil: "Tobey, Tobey, wanna play me heads up at my birthday party in L.A.?"
the very next sentence, to Gordon: "You know, I'm probably the only pro who doesn't run to play with celebrities and billionaires....did I mention I might play Arnold HU for charity at my birthday?"

He's already a parody of himself. Who needs Bill Fillmaff, you can't make this stuff up.

mackthefork
06-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Am I the only one who thinks he does a lot of this stuff for a joke? Seems like what he says there on that podcast was an intentional parody of himself.

[ QUOTE ]
Phil: "Tobey, Tobey, wanna play me heads up at my birthday party in L.A.?"
the very next sentence, to Gordon: "You know, I'm probably the only pro who doesn't run to play with celebrities and billionaires....did I mention I might play Arnold HU for charity at my birthday?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack

canis582
06-24-2005, 12:30 PM
The hellmuth haters don't get him. He'd probobly be a hoot to hang out with...if you have the right sense of humor.

NYCNative
06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks he does a lot of this stuff for a jopke?

[/ QUOTE ]FYP

gildwulf
06-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Bill Filmaff has done more for the world of poker than any of us ever will.

dogmeat
06-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Hmmm, just wondering....

Who's playing poker for a substantial living and getting on TV, and who is stuck posting their hate on 2+2?

Hmmm.....

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

iggy
06-24-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Filmaff has done more for the world of poker than anyone ever will.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

meow_meow
06-26-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, just wondering....

Who's playing poker for a substantial living and getting on TV, and who is stuck posting their hate on 2+2?

Hmmm.....

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could get on tv as much as phil does by acting the way he does, I wouldn't. In fact, I have no desire to be on tv at all.

On the other count, is he a better poker player than me? No doubt.
Did I mention his poker skills in my post? no

Good lord.

pokergripes
06-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Not the only one, but definitely a minority, and incorrect, view of it...sure, at the margins he might on occasion kick in a self-parody to make it seem to you (and probably also himself) that he's just playing a role...but I don't think that explains spewing profanity at the jelly beans he plays on line, or constantly falling apart after taking a beat...that's just him.