PDA

View Full Version : Definition of ISLAM

10-13-2001, 05:51 PM
It is "submission". That is the definition. All you scholars can go and look it up. Anyone not Islamic, is an "Infidel". An "Infidel", is a non-believer. That is the definition, go look it up. The Koran teaches, death to all non-believers, this is my opinion. The Koran seeks a world of Islam. Nothing less.

22.6: This is because Allah is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He has power over all things

22.7: And because the hour is coming, there is no doubt about it; and because Allah shall raise up those who are in the graves.

22.8: And among men there is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge and without guidance and without an illuminating book,

22.9: Turning away haughtily that he may lead (others) astray from the way of Allah; for him is disgrace in this world, and on the day of resurrection We will make him taste the punishment of burning:

Just a little taste of the Koran. They seek world domination, like Hitler. That is their faith, their belief. and

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

10-13-2001, 06:04 PM
One more little verse from the Koran.

22.39: Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them;

this is the Koran. I urge everyone to take a look. Just hit your search engines and see for yourself. I'm not too happy right now, and believe we have a direct threat against our civil liberties. Our country is being held hostage right now, and it's pathetic. It's definately a new war. Can anyone ever have imagined this? Maybe Tom Clancy, but then again I always considered him a visionary.

that is all,

10-13-2001, 06:11 PM
One more

22.58: And (as for) those who fly in Allah's way and are then slain or die, Allah will most certainly grant them a goodly sustenance, and most surely Allah is the best Giver of sustenance.

thanks Allah!!

my text is taken from a University of Virgina translation. So, any beefs you got, send it to the Cavaliers.

that is all,

10-13-2001, 07:27 PM
"Just a little taste of the Koran. They seek world domination, like Hitler. That is their faith, their belief. "

How bigoted. You should be ashamed but bigots never are. If you had said that about Al-Qa'ida I would not argue. But you have painted every believer of Islam with your broad racist brush. Your next assignment: Go through the Bible and see what you find that is similar.

Alden Chase

A white, anglo-saxon protestant.

10-13-2001, 07:36 PM
"Your next assignment: Go through the Bible and see what you find that is similar."

I reevaluated my faith before I posted my biggot remarks. And no where did I find such filth! I even looked through the book of Revelations!! It took awhile to hit the post button, but I'm glad I did.

that is all,

10-13-2001, 08:49 PM
Alden Chase said:

"But you have painted every believer of Islam with your broad racist brush."

I'm not going to defend Travis Bickle's comparison of Islam to Hitler (although some religious beliefs share certain aspects with Nazism and communism). I'm not going to defend Islam either, because I think religions can be criticized for various reasons. Nor will I defend religious bigotry, because many people have been killed because of religious beliefs. But how is an attack on Islam racist per se? Isn't belief in Islam a choice people make rather than something they are born with? In this regard, I think there is room for criticism of religious belief, because it is a matter of choice. (Obviously Hitler had other ideas, but he is not the benchmark) There can be no rational basis for racism. For instance, Travis Bickle's criticism would apply to people of all races and nationalities who believe in Islam. Whether they are Aryan Iranians, African- Americans, or Arabs in the Gulf. So I think the bigotry aspect can be argued, but I don't think it's racial bigotry.

10-13-2001, 09:22 PM
You are correct. Prejudicial would be a better choice. My questionable choice of a word, however, does not detract from my feeling about a post like this. I can not abide someone making derogatory statements about "all Muslims, all Jews, all Christians, etc." I am especially concerned about the actions that arise out of this kind of thinking even if it is just the way you treat another person.

Here is a question for Travis. How do you (Travis) treat another that you know to be of the Muslim faith?

Alden Chase

10-14-2001, 01:18 AM
Perhaps you need to reread the Bible. The following are all from the Revised Standard Edition.

Oppression of women:

Genesis 3:16 - To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

Homosexuals:

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Infidels:

Exodus 22:20 - "Whoever sacrifices to any god, save to the LORD only, shall be utterly destroyed.

Matthew 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

And you know what unforgiven sins mean, don't you?

Luke 12:4 I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear him!

Violent action in the name of God:

Deuteronomy 3

1 "Then we turned and went up the way to Bashan; and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Ed're-i. 2 But the LORD said to me, 'Do not fear him; for I have given him and all his people and his land into your hand; and you shall do to him as you did to Sihon the king of the Amorites, who dwelt at Heshbon.' 3 So the LORD our God gave into our hand Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people; and we smote him until no survivor was left to him. 4 And we took all his cities at that time--there was not a city which we did not take from them--sixty cities, the whole region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan. 5 All these were cities fortified with high walls, gates, and bars, besides very many unwalled villages. 6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did to Sihon the king of Heshbon, destroying every city, men, women, and children. 7 But all the cattle and the spoil of the cities we took as our booty.

There's so much more, but that's all I can be bothered with for the moment.

Chris

10-14-2001, 05:16 AM
I'm not prejudice. I'm just trying to understand this whole thing. Believe it or not, I have Muslim friends, and we discuss religon quite a bit. Why aren't more Catholics taking the bible literally? Terrorist's are the minority in Islam, but they are there. Why?

10-14-2001, 02:32 PM
All monotheistic religions are fundamentally intolerant of others and bent on world domination. I can quote you in seconds flat passages from the Bible or the Torah that are equally vicious and belligerent towards non-believers than what you just posted.

The majority of the people who are of the Muslim faith, just like Christians and Jews, are peace-loving and fun-seeking human beings, not much different than everybody. It is true that the islamic religion is one step behind the christian one in its level of tolerance and civility because the former has not udergone the equivalent of "our" Reforms. But that doesn't make Islam the sole religion that requires total subservience and all that.

Unless you're an atheist, or a committed scepticist, or an agnostic, than you really have nothing to brag about.

10-14-2001, 02:58 PM
Believe it or not, I agree with much of what Cyrus says here.

:-)

I was stunned by the irony the other day when I read an article in our paper about the American soldier who was killed in an accident overseas in the military buildup. He had been stationed in my state before being sent over. He left a wife and kids who were quoted in the paper basically saying, "Oh, it will be OK. He was a Christian and we are Christians, so God will take care of all of us." I don't want to pick on a widow seeking some comfort, but it struck me how the same quote would look coming from a dead terrorist's family. I'm not comparing our actions to the terrorists' by any means, but it's not OK the guy is dead. Things aren't going to be all peachy because of your belief. Perhaps the widow's belief will carry her through some trying times, but come on, her husband is dead and its not good. It seems that the only difference in beliefs is how many people will be killed to enforce a given view of religion. That can obviously be a big practical difference, but the theoretical difference between the religions is pretty slim. Too slim for much comfort. Being an eternal optimist, I hope the whole world advances in terms of the belifs out there. Some have a head start on others, but there is a lot of room for evolution.

10-14-2001, 06:02 PM
...between the theistic religions and some others. For instance, I doubt you could find similar warlike attitudes towards other religions amongst Buddhists or Taoists. Interestingly, neither of these religions is based on theistic notions. They are also typically far more peaceful, and more tolerant, of others.

Unfortunately, "others," notably the theistic religions and large governments, have "picked on" the most peaceful religious peoples off and on throughout history.

10-14-2001, 06:39 PM

10-15-2001, 02:06 AM
Travis, I think this is a more reasonable approach. Maybe you were not as accusing of all Muslims as your statement seemed.

"Terrorist's are the minority in Islam, but they are there. Why?"

Why? Because they are fanatical in their beliefs. There are terrorists in Christianity. Just consider the murders of abortion doctors and others related to clinics that administer abortions. One may abhor abortion and has a right to that belief and to fight it any way legally possible. But murder in this case is terrorism. I think fanatasism or zealotry is a prime ingredient in the makeup of a terrorist.

I am too tired to make a long, reasoned reply.

10-15-2001, 04:39 PM

10-15-2001, 04:59 PM
This 'war', coming from persons and groups in the middle east, is just a struggle between the have's and have not's. Period. Those persons arise from miserable populations that take the activities of the U.S. as suppression of their rights and well being. The presense of the U.S. in their part of the world is an intolerable insult. They, know, as we know, the U.S. is there to keep the oil flowing, while they and their families can starve and look forward to a future with no hope. Naturally they boslter their position through references to the Islamic faith, but it's really just a difference of economics, a struggle for resources. There ain't enough room on this sphere for them and us, so it's us or them.

10-15-2001, 07:26 PM
I don't think it's simply economics. Bin Laden comes from an extremely wealthy family. Other people in the Middle East have money, but still resent the U.S. I think there are many radicals/fundamentalists who dislike the U.S. for our culture. They affirmatively desire to live in a middle-ages-level economically, and would trade economic prosperity for the destruction of western civilization. Obviously economics plays a role, and poorer people will have more to envy and resent, but I do not think this is the entire problem. The Taliban don't care if they have enough money for a T.V. because they want to ban T.V.'s.

10-15-2001, 09:20 PM
Just kidding. I have more, but not any cut and paste Koran.

I love a good religon that suppresses Women. "sarcasm"

Wake up and get with the 20th Century!

90% of Pakistani's have sympathy for bin laden and his cause. This is taken from a poll on MSNBC. Ok, I'm exaggerating. It's only 87%. This is a true poll too. They go from daily prayer right to the streets chanting "DEATH TO BUSH, BLAIR, AMERICA!!! This is an outrage! Thousands of Americans, and other nations victims lie dead at ground zero, never to be found again. No proper funerals, no nothing. My anger actually gets stronger everyday.

I've seen the Islam leaders trying to defend their religon on the talking head shows. And you know what? They can't!!! The leading Arab nations are silent..... Am I spewing hate? I think not. The extremists, and fanatical fundamentalists are winning for now. But not for long.

that is all,

dannyboy

10-18-2001, 04:09 PM
Nothing is more dangerous than a true believer.