PDA

View Full Version : A peak into the swedish mind

Nomar
06-24-2005, 01:10 AM
crappy 4080 game @wynn, a swedish player was talking about erik123 and another swedish player who he said was an incredible limit hold'em player (ILHP).

He gave us of an example of how good this ILHP was. The hand was an online high stakes short handed game on ladbokes.

ILHP raises 22 and is flat called, the flop came Q94, ILHP check raises the flop, the turn is a small card and goes check check, the river blanks ILHP bets and is called and his hand is good.

Strange line, seemed to work in this spot.

Also strange to hear another Swedish player being so impressed with the hand.

Would have the ILHP folded to a turn bet ?

mike l.
06-24-2005, 01:19 AM
"Would have the ILHP folded to a turn bet ?"

yes.

he shouldve bet the turn btw rather than let late position player continue on for free w/ KT, KJ, ace high, other hands.

really expert play wouldve been to induce a river bet by A high at the end and then c/r and get called. them swedes dont knows nuffin.

Nate tha' Great
06-24-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would have the ILHP folded to a turn bet ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, however he might have folded to a turn bet + a river follow-thru.

Nomar
06-24-2005, 01:26 AM
any chance of another turn checkraise ?

Nomar
06-24-2005, 01:27 AM
i think the point of not following thru on the turn is to get away from the hand when he is beat.

Nate tha' Great
06-24-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

any chance of another turn checkraise ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not out of the question.

btw, while I don't know about the rest of the hand, I do think the river bet qualifies as an expert play in this type of game.

geormiet
06-24-2005, 03:42 AM
I think I checkraise the flop heads up after raising preflop exactly 0% of the time. Will this prevent me from becoming a ILHP someday?

Most of the guys who i see pull this play are tourney players who are losers in cash games...

The Truth
06-24-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Would have the ILHP folded to a turn bet ?"

yes.

he shouldve bet the turn btw rather than let late position player continue on for free w/ KT, KJ, ace high, other hands.

really expert play wouldve been to induce a river bet by A high at the end and then c/r and get called. them swedes dont knows nuffin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with mike... on all statments.

oreogod
06-24-2005, 06:48 AM
So what do u guys think the best line is.

The original line or a turn follow-through bet, then a river check?

Nomar
06-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I think his line could be the best if you are confident your opponenet will only bet the turn with a pair or better