PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Andy Fox!

Clarkmeister
01-26-2003, 12:51 PM
4-8 at Mandalay Bay yesterday with Dynasty. We like to go out and hit these games from time to time to relax and talk a little poker.

I'm shooting the breeze with the guy on my left, with Dynasty listening on my immediate right (I've got to stop letting him have position on me). The guy on my left has been spouting some silly theories and was had just won two pots in a row, making it a half-kill to 6-12. I tell him that I will play the next hand until the turn having only looked at my first card.

So theres a bunch of limpers including Dynasty, I call in my SB with the 5d.

The flop comes something like T75 and its checked to Dynasty who bets, I consider checkraising but call and MP calls.

So I look at my 2nd card and its the 8d.

The turn comes another 5. I bet MP calls, river is a K, I bet, MP calls and my hand is good.

Thanks Andy for showing me the true path of only looking at the first card when making preflop decisions! Heck, this hand has me convinced I don't need to bother looking at the 2nd card at all, let alone wait until the turn. Easy game, no?

andyfox
01-26-2003, 12:58 PM
While I don't think I've ever called seeing only one card, you're bringing the theory to a whole new level.

I assume the check for my commission is in the mail.

Clarkmeister
01-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey, they can't read me if I don't know what I have!

Actually, when we are UTG and UTG2, we say things to each other like "Andy says I can look at the 2nd card". Now I am starting to see that I don't need to look at the 2nd card.

I'm going to have to put this one on my list of great forum quotes:

"If they must expect you to call, it is never a bluff and you can muck" - Sklansky

"It's my job to give them the rope, what they do with it is their business" - Tommy

"Defending your BB with K3o against an overaggressive steal raiser is +EV" - Backdoor

"If the first card is an ace, I raise." - Andy

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

andyfox
01-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Good list of quotes, I'm honored to be included in that company.

Don't forget this one:

"they can't read me if I don't know what I have"

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif