PDA

View Full Version : Goonies...

kerssens
06-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Awesome movie...I'm watching it right now...haven't seen it in a long time. Beer makes it a little better too! Long live Chester Copperpot!

CD56
06-24-2005, 12:11 AM
I was flipping through the channels today and saw Danielsan and Mr. Miyagi at the Cobra Kai Dojo. I dont think I stood up again until he had won the All Valley Karate Championship.

I think movies were just better in the 80s

thatpfunk
06-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Goonies is amazing. I feel bad for kids that didn't see it growing up. I own it and have watched 50+ times while falling asleep.

gorie
06-24-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Goonies is amazing. I feel bad for kids that didn't see it growing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. & me too.
growing up in the 80s was just too cool.

wacki
06-24-2005, 12:18 AM
http://www.chestercopperpot.com/pictures/front_roll/main.jpg

kerssens
06-24-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was flipping through the channels today and saw Danielsan and Mr. Miyagi at the Cobra Kai Dojo. I dont think I stood up again until he had won the All Valley Karate Championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's done! Put him in a bodybag!

Dantes
06-24-2005, 12:23 AM
If someone was to say to me, "Grue, name a movie that really hasn't stood up well under the test of ti--" "the goonies"

kerssens
06-24-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone was to say to me, "Grue, name a movie that really hasn't stood up well under the test of ti--" "the goonies"

[/ QUOTE ]

All I have to say is...."Hey you guys!"

kerssens
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Lookin up some of the actors on imdb. The guy that played Troy did stunts in "Saved By the Bell, Hawaiian Style" Its all comin full cirlce for me tonight! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thatpfunk
06-24-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone was to say to me, "Funk, name a 2+2er who is unable to suspend reality for 2 hours and have a great ti--"

"Grue"
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I honestly think its better now, and 10x better than any kids movie released in the last 5 years (excluding animation). I mean, Spy Kids? Cody Banks Secret Agent? Are you shitting me?

gavrilo
06-24-2005, 01:03 AM
the older brother in goonies is married to diane lane now.

Duke
06-24-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my VHS is showing its age. The picture quality is really poor. Luckily they made a pretty good DVD transfer. That one should last a lot longer.

~D

bronzepiglet
06-24-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Goonies is amazing. I feel bad for kids that didn't see it growing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this one growing up... I didn't like it when I finally did see it, but I think it's just cuz I never developed an affection for it.

Of course I did love Karate Kid when I was 12 and think that movie blows now.

Dantes
06-24-2005, 02:48 AM
first I know you're just trying to make a funny, because I make like one post a week.

Anyways seriously I (tried to) watched it a couple weeks ago and it just is very very dated. Its hard to explain but true. Its way too eighties and not in a breakfast club sort of way. I dunno, curious if anyone else agrees with me.

I loved it as a kid.

brassnuts
06-24-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first I know you're just trying to make a funny, because I make like one post a week.

Anyways seriously I (tried to) watched it a couple weeks ago and it just is very very dated. Its hard to explain but true. Its way too eighties and not in a breakfast club sort of way. I dunno, curious if anyone else agrees with me.

I loved it as a kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad to say it, but I actually agree. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, I still enjoy Breakfast Club a little. As long as it's viewed once every 2 years or so.

Oh, and I loved Goonies, too.

Alobar
06-24-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I loved it as a kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good thing you only post once a week, you are obviously retarded /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
06-24-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ralph MAcchio was on last weeks episode of Entourage. If I saw him at the mall, and you told me it was Ralph Macchio, I wouldn't believe you.

Biloxi
06-24-2005, 05:09 AM
"Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out...But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."

-chunk

thatpfunk
06-24-2005, 05:12 AM
"I wanna play the violin!!!"

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Meh. It was o.k. but there much better kiddie adventure movies around.

Wes ManTooth
06-24-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lies, lies, lies

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lies, lies, lies

[/ QUOTE ]

I could think of a half dozen easy...starting with Time Bandits.

Shajen
06-24-2005, 09:24 AM
This man agrees:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2004/05/26/timzaccheo.jpg

Great [censored] movie.

kerssens
06-24-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my VHS is showing its age. The picture quality is really poor. Luckily they made a pretty good DVD transfer. That one should last a lot longer.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bought the DVD and didn't just transfer from VHS to DVD, check out the deleted scenes. They are absolutely horrible. There's one with a giant squid. It grabs the girl that lost her glasses and Mouth. One of the kids bites a tenticle?!?! Then Data buts a little radio in its mouth and it kinda dances away...its horribly terrific.

M2d
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ralph MAcchio was on last weeks episode of Entourage. If I saw him at the mall, and you told me it was Ralph Macchio, I wouldn't believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto Anthony Michael Hall. also, Molly Ringwald's filled out a bit (but not necessarily in the right places). Aging is a bitch.

M2d
06-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Jake, I worry for your soul

ElSapo
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Watching the DVD with cast commentary is pretty good; they actually got the entire cast together to watch/comment.

I love that movie...

Duke
06-24-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bought the DVD and didn't just transfer from VHS to DVD, check out the deleted scenes. They are absolutely horrible. There's one with a giant squid. It grabs the girl that lost her glasses and Mouth. One of the kids bites a tenticle?!?! Then Data buts a little radio in its mouth and it kinda dances away...its horribly terrific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I bought it. There's also another scene with Troy in a convenience store or something to introduce his character better.

It's a great movie. Second only to Stand By Me in that genre, obviously in my opinion.

~D

kerssens
06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I bought it. There's also another scene with Troy in a convenience store or something to introduce his character better.

It's a great movie. Second only to Stand By Me in that genre, obviously in my opinion.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that scene with Troy wouldn't have fit in with the movie. Did Brandon catch up with them on the girls bike there? If so, how did they get away again so that Troy could have attempted murder by throwing Bran off the side of the road?