PDA

View Full Version : CWS: Florida drops bombs on Arizona State

vulturesrow
06-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Yes this is fanboy post, but I feel like gloating. ASU took an early lead of 3-0. Then after controversial call in the 4th, LeClerc hits a two run dinger. In the fifth, Cosaletti takes one downtown to put Florida up 5-3. Laporta followed with an absolute bomb to left field, incidentally being his 26th for the season, making him #1 in HRs for college baseball this season.

Recap (http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/cws/recap?key=20050623CWSFLORIDAARIZONAST)

Box Score (http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/cws/boxscore?date=20050623&key=20050623CWSFLORIDAARIZO NAST&gamenum=0)

Go Gators!!! They face a very strong Texas team in the finals.

Russ McGinley
06-23-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes this is fanboy post, but I feel like gloating. ASU took an early lead of 3-0. Then after controversial call in the 4th, LeClerc hits a two run dinger. In the fifth, Cosaletti takes one downtown to put Florida up 5-3. Laporta followed with an absolute bomb to left field, incidentally being his 26th for the season, making him #1 in HRs for college baseball this season.

Recap (http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/cws/recap?key=20050623CWSFLORIDAARIZONAST)

Box Score (http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/cws/boxscore?date=20050623&key=20050623CWSFLORIDAARIZO NAST&gamenum=0)

Go Gators!!! They face a very strong Texas team in the finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

LaPorta's home run is still travelling. Unreal. When I got home it was 3-0 and looking bleak, then all of the sudden 3 bombs. Losing Horne sure does suck though.

Brainwalter
06-23-2005, 11:51 PM
That call was complete BS, I don't understand how that can be an out.

And Go Gators.

vulturesrow
06-23-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LaPorta's home run is still travelling. Unreal. When I got home it was 3-0 and looking bleak, then all of the sudden 3 bombs. Losing Horne sure does suck though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that Laporta shot was unreal. He slapped the cover off that ball. Im afraid losing Horne is really going to hurt in the finals.

vulturesrow
06-23-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That call was complete BS, I don't understand how that can be an out.

And Go Gators.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a tough call, I honestly think it couldve gone either way. It didnt really upset me all that much. It appears to have gotten the team fired up when Coach McMahon blew his top. That was extremely amusing, esp. since he is usually so laid back.

Russ McGinley
06-23-2005, 11:55 PM
I liked that we could hear him.

"That kid hustled his butt off! But you don't reward hustle!"

Brainwalter
06-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but can you or anyone explain how that guy can reach in and cause an out but Bartman reaches in and causes a home run? What is the difference I'm missing?

Vince Young
06-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Bartman didn't cause a home run.

Russ McGinley
06-24-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm dumb, but can you or anyone explain how that guy can reach in and cause an out but Bartman reaches in and causes a home run? What is the difference I'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bartman didn't reach 3 feet out into the playing field. The popup was either right on the top of the wall or in the stands altogether. If Alou doesn't cry in his pants all over the field, nobody cares.

Brainwalter
06-24-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Brainwalter
06-24-2005, 12:14 AM
But I still consider it kind of unlikely the catcher would have caught that ball.

vulturesrow
06-24-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But I still consider it kind of unlikely the catcher would have caught that ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely but the fact that the jackass fan reaches into the field of play and interferes definitely removed any possibility of him making that play. I thought it was a fair call really, in spite my intense Gator partisanship. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theredwave
06-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Yuck, I can't really cheer for either of these teams but I guess I'd rather see Florida win. Even if Texas is Big XII I despise them after a couple of conflicts with their fans and players at some of our home games when we(NU) played them.

Vince Young
06-24-2005, 01:39 AM
What happened?

theredwave
06-24-2005, 01:55 AM
In the first game of a three game series after we beat them they were giving their longhorn wave to the crowd and me and my buddy were a few feet away and pointed to the scoreboard and one of the players flipped us off. Then in the next game we ended up losing and while we were leaving we saw a few drunken Texas fans who were basically acting like jackasses and making fools of themselves by yelling and screaming obscenities as people walked by. Nothing much but enough to make me dislike them, our rivalry with them in football also makes it hard for me to cheer for them.

Vince Young
06-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Come on Cox.