PDA

View Full Version : Enough fold equity? I think not...

embersonfire
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Just wanting to check with others over a hand I'm pretty positive I mis-played. Excuse the messyness of the details.

$25 rebuy, out of rebuy period. 15 of 20 left. Only really worth going for 1st or 2nd really.

Hero has 5800, Villan has 5400. Blinds are 200-400
Villan read is simply that he knows how to play, he's capable of bluffing, and tends to represent a hand if he has it.

Hero is Button, and raises to 1200 with Q10 hoping to pick-up the blinds

SB is villan who thinks, and then reraises to 2400 straight.
BB passes.

Hero goes into the tank, and his thinks if the guy had a decent hand, but not a great one like AJ, A10, AQ or a decent pocket pair he's more likely to raise all in if he puts me on a steal. If he has a hand he's willing to muck to an allin he's more likely to raise this amount, putting me on a steal and hoping this weak re-steal will work.

So therefore, I either put him on a hand that I'm drawing almost dead against and wants a call, KK/AA (perhaps AK, tho AK would go all in surely), or I have him on a weak re-steal? Is that assumption prob correct???

Anyways, I re-raise all in, thinking it was a re-steal, and that I had enough fold equity (3,000 more) to get him to back off a marginal hand. He calls in a shot with AJ, and knocks me out.

Was this a criminally poor play by me, giving he's put 2400 of his 5400 chips in the pot already?

Again apologies for the poor format, but your comments would be greatflly recieved.

sirio11
06-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Yes, it was a mistake to reraise AI; if he's a decent player, he's not folding; and against his range of hands, QT does not do very well.