PDA

View Full Version : LL session Hand 2 comments appreciated

FletchJr.
01-26-2003, 05:30 AM
Alright different table, I'd say this one is loose aggresive.A lot of horrible players, my kind of game.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls(loose player likes to bluff)
Next player who is an tight weak player raises, I'm next. I got 10 10, I 3 bet(trying to isolate to me and the orginal weak raiser) , I've got a tight table image, but it probably doesn't matter this much in such LL. Folded around to sb who cold calls, I label sb as a loose player, not aggresive or weak just loose. upfront limper calls, to my right calls. so we got 13 small bets in the pot.
Flop Ac Js 5h rainbow.
checked to me, I figure these guys are so loose, they are goin to call me down with a jack or a ace, i check in hopes to spiking my miracle 10.
Turn 8c
checked to me again, I check again.
River 5c which pairs the board with 5's and also puts up the runner runner flush.
UTG bets, MP bluffer raises, weak tight player folds, I fold, UTG calls.
Results later.
Please post, was it a preflop error, should I have continued on the turn? Comments wanted.

Bob T.
01-26-2003, 05:54 AM
Preflop, depending on how weak tight he is, this might be a muck preflop. I have one player in my pokerstat database that has raised preflop four times in 1000 hands. Yes, he did have pocket aces every time. Bewary of weak tight preflop raises. Given that you are going to play, three betting is the probably the right approach.

Flop. When you three bet, you should just be thinking that you are already commiting at least a couple more small bets to the pot. When it was checked to you, bet. Maybe they all had pocket pairs, and won't play when you bet with an ace on the board. How many times have you had KK or QQ, and when that flop came with an ace out there, you gave up on the hand. Give them the opportunity to do the same.

Turn, when it has been checked to you twice, bet the turn. You might be ahead, and if not, they all might fold, and you will win.

On the river, I probably wouldn't call two bets cold to see a showdown, with this one pair hand.

On both of your hands you got the initiative with aggressive play, but then you gave it away with some passive play. I think you need to maintain your aggressiveness until your opponents play back at you.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Ed Miller
01-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Some of the players betting on the river folded preflop... you got your post mixed up a bit.

If a weak-tight player raises, I muck TT. Weak-tight players raise with (at most) AA-JJ and AK. I might call with it if I could expect six or more players to the flop. Against a standard to loose raiser, the 3-bet is a better option.

I assume you checked the turn because you put weak-tight on a better hand than yours... perhaps he's willing to fold his QQ or KK if you bet the turn.

FletchJr.
01-27-2003, 04:09 AM
The loose player bet a flush then the aggresive player raised witha smaller flush, got called down and loss. Thanks for the advice on the betting rounds and preflop though.