PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Ettequite Poll

jstnrgrs
06-23-2005, 09:51 PM

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm actually surprised that this topic doesn't come up much more often in here. It's a pretty common thing that I've talked about several times before.

tbach24
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
It really depends on the setting. If you know the person well, it's as soon as his/her stuff is done if there's a clean spot to put it. If you don't, then you set their [censored] on fire.

Blarg
06-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Minimum ten minutes. Everybody has to wind up a toilet session, finish up an argument, is off by a few minutes, or has to finish up a phone call or tuck the kid in bed or whatever once in a while. Ten minutes is not long at all. Ten minutes still comes under a pretty slim margin of error.

bholdr
06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I once left my laundry in a dryer, when i went down to remove it, the girl that was now using the dryer was folding it neatly and placing it in my laundry hamper. she was hot, too; but, fearing the odepidal implications of hitting on such a chick, i politely thanked her and took my folded laundry back upstairs. That was the last time my laundry got folded- about two years ago.

2+2 wannabe
06-23-2005, 10:04 PM
man did you butcher the word "etiquette"

captZEEbo1
06-23-2005, 10:37 PM
in a college dorm room basement, I say 0-10 minutes. At least by me, there is are slots to just put the clothing in so they aren't on the floor. I mean, if you walk down there and one is done, how do you know if it's been off for 2 minutes or 2 hours?

Blarg
06-23-2005, 10:45 PM
If the dryer is cold, the answer is obvious.

If it's not, wait ten minutes.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you walk down there and one is done, how do you know if it's been off for 2 minutes or 2 hours?

[/ QUOTE ]
You give it two minutes and then you know it's been at least two minutes and you can be on with it. I'd give it five, but whatever. It's really not that big of a deal.

Dead
06-24-2005, 01:16 AM
2-7 minutes.

fluxrad
06-24-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2-7 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the dick.

Dead
06-24-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2-7 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly. Have you ever heard of a clock? Be there on time or soon after. You don't own the apartment washer/dryer unit.

I had to deal with this [censored] in the dorms and I'm glad I don't anymore. My apartment at school doesn't have a washer/dryer unit so I take my [censored] to the laundromat downstairs. That's the way it should be at all colleges.

You get less pricks washing and drying their [censored] 8 times when you charge for it. $1.25 per load in the washer and dryer is not bad.

CallMeIshmael
06-24-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever heard of a clock?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not.

Can you please explain this 'clock' to me, all knowing dead?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-24-2005, 01:30 AM
2-7 is reasonable. That's what I voted. I'd probably say something more like 5-10, leaning more towards 5, which happens to be between 2 and 7.

bronzepiglet
06-24-2005, 01:32 AM
I wish there was a more definite 15ish number in there; 7-30 is a big range.

fluxrad
06-24-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hardly. Have you ever heard of a clock? Be there on time or soon after. You don't own the apartment washer/dryer unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. you must have some important laundry.

Is your laundry like the president of a country or something?

Seriously. Does the laundry secret service get all nervous if your laundry isn't on schedule to be picked up by the laundry limmo outside?

I'll bet your laundry has a "code word" that the SS calls it by. Like "pooh bear" or something so that other, less important laundry can be quickly carted off to make way for your laundry.

"'pooh bear has left the eagle's claw! I repeat. 'pooh bear' has left the eagle's claw! red team, activate. form of...fabric softener!"

I've lived in a dorm. I've lived in multi-unit dwellings for all of my adult life. I tend to believe that people don't live their lives by whether or not their laundry is done with a thirty-second tolerance.

Dead
06-24-2005, 01:47 AM
You can't even come up with your own material. You know what you are, fluxrad? You're just a Futurama nerd who spends way too much time watching TV.

fluxrad
06-24-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't even come up with your own material. You know what you are, fluxrad? You're just a Futurama nerd who spends way too much time watching TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I have no [censored] idea what you're referring to. Suffice it to say, this was the post that finally convinced me to put you on ignore.

siccjay
06-24-2005, 02:21 AM
One time, someone took my laundry (that was still damp) and removed it from the dryer. I was pretty pissed off and realized they had their clothes running in my dryer still. I went back upstairs to my dormroom and grabbed a Nestle Crunch bar and proceeded to throw it in the dryer with thier clothes. Boy do I wish I could have seen their face.

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Around 5 minutes is plenty reasonable. I don't have time to stand around waiting on someone that's too lazy to keep track of their laundry. If their laundry were important enough to them to not be stacked on top of the machine, then they should keep track of the time.

Bulldog
06-24-2005, 12:29 PM
0 minutes

Ulysses
06-24-2005, 02:51 PM
~15 minutes.