PDA

View Full Version : Flop Raise Q + River Action ?

B Dids
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Pretty early to the table. UTG isn't great, but he's not calling two cold on the flop for nothing. I'm calling a bet on the river obviously, but don't want to bet and get raised.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Dids checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Dids raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Dids bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Dids ??

Final Pot: 8 BB

Grease
06-23-2005, 09:42 PM
I would check and call one bet, but probably not two. You'll get called with any T and any better 9. Any BD flush will raise.

In a sentance: I don't see any value in your (possible) bet.

brettbrettr
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Yup, check-call.

Trix
06-24-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but don't want to bet and get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldnīt worry you very much as itīs an easy fold then.

You should think about how often he checks through a better hand or calls a worse instead. Same with SB.

TimM
06-24-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check and call one bet, but probably not two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you can't call a bet and a raise, so I assume you mean you'd check and consider folding to a bet and a call? Sounds good to me.

Nick C
06-24-2005, 05:47 AM
I'm thinking UTG may have loved it if your 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif had fallen on the river. He also could have been hoping for a 6 or a jack. Hands like AT, JT, and even JJ are also possible, unfortunately. So are 87, 88, and another 98, but I don't think I'm going to be very confident if I bet and UTG calls the river.

For his part, SB could have T3s or Q9o or something (or any of the hands I mentioned for UTG).

I think I like checking here. If UTG bet, I guess I'd call and maybe even overcall.

But I wouldn't be happy.

B Dids
06-24-2005, 10:39 AM
This wasn't information you had, but the sb was bad enough that I would easily overcall if UTG bets.

Grease
06-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Well in that situation I would check and call any bet and calls to me. Any c/r and I'm definitely gone.