PDA

View Full Version : hand 30/60 ps

theBruiser500
06-23-2005, 09:31 PM
PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

mperich
06-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Not betting the flop here sucks, wayyy too weak. I also am not a big fan of the river call.

-Mike

theBruiser500
06-23-2005, 10:02 PM
mperich elaborate please, i don't care if i play "weak" as long as i get the $$

Nate tha' Great
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny, I think this might be one of those spots where it might be most useful for you to explain your thought process behind the hand and open it up to critique, rather than have people infer it for you.

FWIW, your limit game just seems weird to me. There are definitely spots where it's okay to play more passively and some posters like Schneids and Tommy A and even Mason himself are expert at this. But often it seems your play crosses the line between being passive/prudent and plain old weak/tight, especially for the games and limits that you're playing.

legend42
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I like it, provided you don't think he'd fold a queen.

Jeff W
06-23-2005, 10:28 PM
I hate the flop check. Why give a free card to pocket pairs, 9x and broadway draws?

Dynasty
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your play. In these situations, you often want to showdown your hand as cheaply as possible and avoid getting check-raised off the best hand.

If you're going to put 1 or 1.5 big bets in the pot post-flop in these kinds of hands, it tends to be better to be the bettor so that a hand like KJ or QJ might fold. The trick, of course, is figuring out whether you should bet the flop and check the turn, check the flop and bet the turn, bet both the flop and turn intending to check the river, etc.

It's just not an easy situation.

andyfox
06-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Welcome back!

mach3
06-24-2005, 01:21 AM
You have to bet that flop given the preflop action. I could see a turn check or a turn bet, more opponent reads are necessary. But why call the river? What are you beating here?

theBruiser500
06-28-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome back!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it took me and our arguments in politics/OOT to get dynasty back, andyfox, you owe me some poker advice for doing that

theBruiser500
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
"it tends to be better to be the bettor so that a hand like KJ or QJ might fold."

you can say that bet maybe they'll makea mistake and fold KJ or QJ, they don't need to do it very often for the bet to be a good play but i just can't see them ever folding that here.

nate sorry for the last reply, although i'm just hurting myself cause now i probably won't get any responses. my thinking was i just don't gain much by betting the flop here. he won't fold a hand that beats me, and if he is drawing he is drawing to 3 kings, or a lower pocket pair, barely any outs in this medium size pot. although now that i think about it, perhaps the cheapest way to play this pot is bet the flop and chek behind the turn. that is if i'm palnning on calling 2 big bets on the turn and river. also betting the flop could get a weak value bet vs. whatever, whereas if i check the flop then he check/folds the turn to a bigger bet in a smaller pot.

however, the way i did it, he bet the river into me with complete rags on a bluff so my way picked up a big bet