PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep track of your bonus chasing?

SirFelixCat
06-23-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm curious as to what everyone uses to keep track of what sites they are playing, what bonuses they are doing, what bonuses they are going to clear next etc.

I will finally have the time and money to dedicate to do this "right". That being said, I would LOVE to see some of these and maybe be able to use one? I'm sure this would only help others doing this as well.

mosquito
06-23-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to what everyone uses to keep track of what sites they are playing, what bonuses they are doing, what bonuses they are going to clear next etc.
I will finally have the time and money to dedicate to do this "right". That being said, I would LOVE to see some of these and maybe be able to use one? I'm sure this would only help others doing this as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Write everything down on Post-it notes.
Put the notes in a file.
Try to find the file, 6 months later.
Enjoy.

SirFelixCat
06-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry you didn't think this was something that others would find useful, as well as myself.

MarkGritter
06-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I use Gnucash. I have an account for each site and an account for each site's bonus money. I enter the bonuses (with details) into the bonus account when I deposit, and transfer money to the site account as I clear them.

It's not perfect; I don't have a calendar to remind me of deadlines or anything like that, but it's usually not an issue. But I can see where my bankroll (and future bankroll) is.

The GG 1000% bonus really screws up my totals, though.

Schwartzy61
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I have two college ruled notebooks.

One to keep track of all the bonuses I have cleared and the profit (loss) while clearing it.

And another to keep track of all of my sessions.

Pretty simple...

poker-penguin
06-23-2005, 09:30 PM
excel spreadsheet shows me where my money is and the bonus clearing requirements, a calendar (with bikini girl photos) tells me when the deadlines for deposit / completion are.

BluEsiNsOuL
06-23-2005, 09:35 PM
I use Excel to keep session and bonus record. It works fine for me.

grimel
06-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Being that I am cheap and hate MS products in general, I use an Open Office spreadsheet. Since I usually clear the bonus right after I deposit I don't worry about deadlines.

smartalecc5
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a checkoff sheet that I made on word. Just wrote down all they crypto ones that I'm signed up adn then have a yes no checkbox for the party skins and other websites.

SirFelixCat
06-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Ok, this is good stuff. I should have added this into my first post, but also, what do you track? What info?

poker-penguin
06-23-2005, 11:31 PM
by excel I meant Lotus 123, but am used to talking to microsofties.

MoneyFunnel
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
excel spreadsheet shows me where my money is and the bonus clearing requirements, a calendar (with bikini girl photos) tells me when the deadlines for deposit / completion are.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use your setup, but I am short a Bikini Girl Calendar. Nice touch.

prrthd
06-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Here is a bonus spreadsheet I made, I posted it here quite awhile ago but I cant seem to find the thread.

Bonus Excel Spreadsheet (http://tripleboc.home.insightbb.com/temp/bonus-sheet.xls)

Siegmund
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
My regular end-of-session entries in my playing log include a note about how many hands I have played / what my current point total is at sites that count points.

For bonuses that expire, I have a notepad file that lists them in order of their expiration dates. For the ones that don't expire like Paradise and UB, I just check at the end of each month to see what the total amount cleared and amount remaining is.

Sand
06-24-2005, 05:55 PM
My tracking system is a simple spreadsheet that uses a total of 3 tabs.

First is a list of my signups, screen names, E-cash IDs, etc. Second is a list of all the bonuses out there I am interested in. Third is the actual log. I keep track of where all my money is in one part - usually 6 or 7 places at once. I also have a daily log that keeps track of my sessions (I play once a day typically). It includes everything I may need for tax purposes - Poker room, date, daily total per room. I count each day as a session no matter how many rooms or tables I am sitting at, so I also keep track of the daily total, losses (rare with bonuses factored in - talk about risk mitigation), and average daily total (a whopping $60 a day for the balance of this year).

Works goot.