PDA

View Full Version : What is your perfect 6 MAX table ?

Mig
06-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering what kind of table everyone feels confortable to play with.
Where do you want the light raiser at ?
Where do you want the calling station?
Do you like to play in a table with 5 calling stations ?
If there is a shark at the table where do you want it ?
Basically what is your perfect table ?
Do you always want to have position on the maniac ?
etc etc /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the feed back

Chiron
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Hmm, I'd be interested in what the more experienced posters think as well.

I typically avoid tables with more than 1 shark, and I'll take calling stations and weak tight b!tches over maniacs any day. I leave a table if I can't control the action myself. This seems to work very well for me 1-2 tabling.

Mig
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I personnaly really don't like to have more than 1-2 calling stations at my table. The problem is this one. Whenever you have a lot of calling stations at your table, they are 5 to draw on you, your TPTK won't hold often. I prefer a light raiser to my right with a few weak tight around the table and a passive calling station to my left I think. I don't like being raised /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imported_CaseClosed326
06-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Me and 5 loose passive calling stations.

kidcolin
06-24-2005, 12:04 AM
ditto.

shant
06-24-2005, 12:11 AM
One I actually win on.

imitation
06-24-2005, 01:02 AM
One running 3-4handed.

Jeff W
06-24-2005, 01:04 AM
5 morons+me

So, 6 morons.

Grisgra
06-24-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather go with 3 loose-passive calling stations to my right, and a couple weak-tight wusses to my left. Pretty much how Mason describes the ideal table (half loose-passive, half weak-tight).

If you promise to give me good cards I'll throw a maniac in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

sublime
06-24-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One running 3-4handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. i prefer 4, with the worst player to my right and the other two tight.

Ryno
06-24-2005, 01:15 AM
I had it today...down to 3-handed, tight predictable on my left, terrible spazzy aggressive (who always raised if the button folded) on my right.

But generally the best table for me is 1 or two complete maniacs and the rest tight players not adjusting to the situation.

ThePenguin
06-24-2005, 01:52 AM
I like to be at a table with a couple 50+ VPIP's, a maniac, and a guy the maniac has just put on tilt.

imported_CaseClosed326
06-24-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[
If you promise to give me good cards I'll throw a maniac in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were all out of that, but how about a maniac on a supreme rush?

Mr. Graff
06-24-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[

[/ QUOTE ]

Were all out of that, but how about a maniac on a supreme rush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that would be the supreme time to test how far you have come mentally as a poker player. I still have less hair after a session like that than I did before the session started /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PokerBob
06-24-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to be at a table with a couple 50+ VPIP's, a maniac, and a guy the maniac has just put on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.

aslowjoe
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd rather go with 3 loose-passive calling stations to my right, and a couple weak-tight wusses to my left. Pretty much how Mason describes the ideal table (half loose-passive, half weak-tight).

If you promise to give me good cards I'll throw a maniac in there .

[/ QUOTE ]

Im there

MrWookie47
06-24-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my perfect table, too. I've been playing at 1/2 6 max, so calling stations are a dime a dozen, but the weak-tighties are harder to find. I'm always leaping at every opportunity to sit with a weak-tightie behind me, because I know that the calling stations and maniacs are sure to come fill out the table.

Grisgra
06-24-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, fine, just tell me where I'm supposed to show up.

sam h
06-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Last night I played a couple hundred hands against a guy who clocked in at 99/16/.4, so five of him would be nice. Plus, he was in for about 100 bets, so deep pockets are good too.

stir
06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
4 L/P's, one maniac, ideally the maniac on immediate right.

If table has more than one TAG, I find another table.