PDA

View Full Version : Soundscape Bands

DavidC
06-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm interested in keeping this confined to non-trance/darkwave/etc. bands, but I do enjoy that type of music.

Sound Garden
Pink Floyd
Tool (especially Aenema and Lateralus)
Radiohead
Tea Party

These are just some that jump to my mind. Any others?

Specifically, I find that although Led Zeppelin is good and all, they're not a "soundscape band". Anyone who cares to inform me about why I'm wrong, I'd really appreciate it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Bjork
Sigur Ros

istewart
06-23-2005, 08:25 PM
My Bloody Valentine.

DavidC
06-24-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My Bloody Valentine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good calls, guys (yourself and patrick)!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Unfortunately I've heard these groups also, just didn't list them because I haven't heard them in a while.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Um...1 Mile North, Aarktica, The Album Leaf, A Silver Mt. Zion, Godspeed! You Black Emporer, Broken Social Scene's Feel Good Lost, Explosions in the Sky, Do Make Say Think, Four Tet, Jaga Jazzist, M83, Mogwai, Mum (the u has one of these ` reversed, whatever it's called)...

I'm to the N's and bored, if you want the N's and past let me know.

zephed
06-24-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in keeping this confined to non-trance/darkwave/etc. bands, but I do enjoy that type of music.

Sound Garden
Pink Floyd
Tool (especially Aenema and Lateralus)
Radiohead
Tea Party

These are just some that jump to my mind. Any others?

Specifically, I find that although Led Zeppelin is fucking brilliant and all, they're not a "soundscape band". Anyone who cares to inform me about why I'm wrong, I'd really appreciate it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is there some definition for "soundscape music"? I have never heard this term before, but I'm pretty sure I have a good feel for what yer referring to.

Led Zeppelin, IMO, does not fit into this category.

Maybe I can suggest a few Zep songs that seem to fall into this category:
-No Quarter
-The Rain Song??? (don't know)
-Kashmir
-In the Light
-Carouselambra???

[censored], I don't know.