PDA

View Full Version : Ed Miller Small Stakes Holdem river question...

akvsaq
06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Pg. 108 (Miller, Small Stakes Holdem)
His example is say you have KdJd on the button, 2 loose, passive opponents limp, you raise, the blinds and limpers call (10 small bets). The flop comes Kh9s5c. It is checked to the player on your right, who bets. You raise. The big blind calls two cold, and the bettor calls (8 big bets). The turn is 3d. It's checked to you, you bet, the big blind calls, but the flop bettor raises (12 big bets). What should you do? Miller says that with the hidden outs, you are getting 12-1 and I have about 5 outs so I should call. OK... BUT.... what about the RIVER?? Miller says my loose passive opponent "would almost certainly not check-raise the turn with less than two pair." So if I don't improve on the river, should I fold?? Normally because of the size of the pot, I usually call the final bet anyway. Can anybody help me here?

sy_or_bust
06-23-2005, 08:11 PM
He says that a loose passive player won't checkraise the turn with a hand you beat. This is a good assumption. He argues that calling the turn and drawing to trips or a potentially better 2-pair hand is profitable (intending to fold the river unimproved).