PDA

View Full Version : I hate the limp/reraise

PokerBob
06-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I have no idea who this dude is, but I hate him. This river bet has me all screwed up. Easy call, right?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

sthief09
06-23-2005, 07:30 PM
seems pretty clear he doesn't have the flush. if he has KK he would've 3-bet the turn rather than calling then betting, so it looks like it's between AA, AK, and a half-discounted KK. so it's 9 against 4.5 and I think AA is a more likely limp reraising hand, so it looks like a good call to me. hope he had AK

PokerBob
06-23-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seems pretty clear he doesn't have the flush. if he has KK he would've 3-bet the turn rather than calling then betting, so it looks like it's between AA, AK, and a half-discounted KK. so it's 9 against 4.5 and I think AA is a more likely limp reraising hand, so it looks like a good call to me. hope he had AK

[/ QUOTE ]

It just struck me as horribly odd. The flush gets there, he slows down. A blank hits (if he was afraid of the /images/graemlins/spade.gif's that A is a brick) and he leads. Weird IMHO.

Jerkass333
06-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Call? I raise this river and call a 3-bet. AK does this, so could another 2-pair that's scared of getting the river checked through. I wouldn't give him AA just yet.

sthief09
06-23-2005, 07:36 PM
he bet because he improved, probably to a set

mperich
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy raise , right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Flush looks very unlikely here, so even if you do raise, you probably won't get 3bet by AA.

-Mike

sthief09
06-23-2005, 07:42 PM
you're right. he only needs 1-1 on it, not 2-1 like I was thinking. and he's got a little worse than 2-1. raise and hope he has AK

PokerBob
06-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I have no idea who this dude is, but I hate him. This river bet has me all screwed up. Easy call, right?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

Jackass had KK. And MHING. What a nut.

Wynton
06-23-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm going to see if I can impose some logic on villain's play.

Preflop. He limped because he was confident someone was going to raise and try and punish him, and then he could do the reraise move which he knows drives all sane opponents crazy.

Then, for some reason, he had a read on you that made him doubt you were on a flush draw at any point. He played the flop aggressively, because he knew that you were still confused by the limp re/raise maneuver.

Then on the turn, he was really sure his hand was still good, but didn't want to scare you away any longer. So he slowed down.

But on river, he suddenly was afraid that he lost a bet and ..........

Oh never mind. Some things can't be explained.

TomBrooks
07-11-2005, 06:59 PM
A limp reraise usually means AA, KK or AK.

So why, after the l/rr and when this villian reraises the K87 flop, doesn't anyone think hero ought to slow down here?

Alobar
07-11-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So why, after the l/rr and when this villian reraises the K87 flop, doesn't anyone think hero ought to slow down here?

[/ QUOTE ]

beacause a LRR doesnt mean AA KK or AK, most of the time it isnt any of thosehands. So just because he raises when a K is on the board, slowing down would be incredibly weak tight. Also even if it was one of those 3 hands, its more likely he has AK than either AA or KK, and WAY more likely he has AA, AK, than it is KK. So slowing down is still wrong.

I would have riased his ass on the river as well.

steaknshake925
07-11-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alot of players LRR with much less. most of the time they think theyre representing AA/KK, and I just cap my KJo against them. let them know i aint taking any crap!

of course some people only LRR with AA/KK, and those you gotta play accordingly. but IMO its bad to automatically give credit for a monster when you get LRRed, its more likely some idiot getting retarded w/ 58s.