PDA

View Full Version : Family issues

kipin
06-23-2005, 06:58 PM
A 15-year-old boy in Pennsylvania is being described as a hero for shooting his father to death.

The father had just shot his wife, the boy's mother -- and was preparing to shoot her again -- when his son shot and killed him. The mother also died.

The man had recently left a mental health facility. They said the 15-year-old and his teen-aged brother were awakened by the sound of their parents arguing. The boys saw their father with a knife to the throat of their mother -- and that's when they grabbed empty shotguns and confronted the father. He grabbed one of the guns, loaded it, and used it to kill their mother right before their eyes.

The 15-year-old had loaded his shotgun, and used it to kill his father. The boy then ran to a neighbor's house, in tears.

Police say he won't be charged. They say both boys acted heroically in trying to save their mother.

http://www.turnto10.com/news/4626779/detail.html

[censored]
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
that is very depressing.

yoadrians
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
I've read the story. I have no problem with the son not being charged.

Edge34
06-23-2005, 07:02 PM
That stuff is [censored] up, and I'm guessing the kid will be too, for a long time. But in this case, that really was brave. The guy killed their mom, I'm going to say it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine he'd shoot the kids too.

kipin
06-23-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read the story. I have no problem with the son not being charged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor do I, but I imagine this will completely [censored] up both kids entire lives. Pretty sad story.