PDA

View Full Version : AA - river bet?

MarkD
01-26-2003, 01:00 AM
1-2 PP online.

AA in the BB. UTG limps (slightly loose), MP limps, another MP limps (slightly tight agressive, decent player it seems), SB limps and I raise. We see the flop 5 handed.

Flop: K J 6 rainbow.
SB checks, I bet, call call raise (Tight MP player), fold, I reraise, fold call, reraise (Tight MP player). I slow down now and just call. I think MP could have a wide range of hands here, including QT for the straight draw, two pair, set, and "maybe" top pair (KQ maybe). I want to see what happens on the turn (not to mention the two other guys calling).

Turn: Q
I check. Everyone checks!? Now I kind of put him on QT and his betting the flop so hard with a good draw and multiple opponents (I'd play it similar if I was him). I wouldn't check two pair or trips on that scary turn card if I was him and don't think he would either (would be a big mistake imo).

River: Blank. So based on my read I fire out a value bet. Fold, and MP now raises me. Sigh... I decide pot is two big and I can't fold although I really suspect he had two pair on the flop now. I crying call.

He turns over KJ like I suspected.

What do you think of my play? Should I have gone with my read on the river and folded? Should I have bet? What about him checking two pair on the turn against two opponents on that scary board?