PDA

View Full Version : 30 Minutes in the Cage

ripdog
06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
I got 30 mintutes in the batting cage on father's day ($25). It has been nearly 20 years since I swung a bat at something moving this fast. I did better than I thought I would. I had them set it up at 65mph and caught up to that speed quickly, but my timing was way off. By the time I felt like I could speed the pitches up, my arms were sore and I had a wicked blister on my left hand. When I woke up Monday morning, my legs, forearms, and stomach were mildly sore. Tuesday morning was way worse (better?). I'm pretty stoked. The machine balls are like hitting wet sponges and I drove a few really well. Also, I never liked hitting balls from machines. You see the ball drop, tense up and then 'fooomp' there it is. I'll definitely be back. My wife made me get a frequent user punchcard (buy 6 sessions, get #7 free), so it seems that I have her tacit approval. She also thought I did pretty well. I have a new found respect for what I could do with a bat when I was 20. I'm going to try out for the PSSBL (http://www.pssbl.com) league next year. That should be fun. I used to be able to catch up to a 90mph machine pitched ball. I doubt I'll ever be there again, but it will be fun to try.