PDA

View Full Version : Greg and Dutch

10-20Jerome
06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
I really dont post here alot but I have a question? I just finished reading the 30 questions for greg raymer article on the 2+2 internet magizine, it metioned there was some kind of dispute between greg and dutch.

It then goes on to metion that greg called dutch a crook followed directly by the "BELEGIAO INCIDENT" were Greg was a victim of an attemped armed robbery. Did dutch send the "CREW" to do some dirty work on Mr.Raymer.....what is the deal between dutch and councler raymer? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ClaytonN
06-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Very short version:

Dutch ran an online poker site, the creditors/banks fell out one day, and Dutch did not refund the accounts of players.

Bellagio incident was seperate, just 2 armed robbers

astarck
06-23-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio incident was seperate, just 2 armed robbers

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA...just.

10-20Jerome
06-23-2005, 06:50 PM
damn he "dutch" is lucky he doesnt get hurt. Guess when you got tough guys like Fischmen to protect you theres no worries thou /images/graemlins/ooo.gif By the way he still shows his face in public after that debacle?

randomstumbl
06-23-2005, 07:02 PM
The debacle happened long before he became well known.

dogmeat
06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Actually, it is kind of funny now with regard to him being in public. A few years ago he was with is "gang" all the time, and ESPN really gave him a lot of airtime. This year he is walking around (alone) with his "Dutch" sweater tied around his waist so you can see who he is when he is walking away (which I think a lot of people enjoy the most -when he leaves the room).

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

DarthIgnurnt
06-23-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did dutch send the "CREW" to do some dirty work on Mr.Raymer.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you imagine sending *this* guy in to do "some dirty work"?

Can you imagine the beatings this guy took for the first 20 years of his life?

The crew ... lol.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/pictures/Scott_Fischman_1.jpg

SoftcoreRevolt
06-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Well, Greg was able to easily fight off the would be robbers, he'd easily be able to defeat THE CREW, so maybe..

Martin Aigner
06-24-2005, 04:25 AM
I might be wrong, but I think that I read in a post of Greg, that he and Dutch played on the same table (in Monte Carlo???) and he told Dutch into his face something in the meaning of his pokerspot business was a fraud. At least he definetly posted this oppinion once or twice. Greg doesn´t seem like a guy who holds back with his oppinion when he thinks he´s right.

Martin Aigner

BigF
06-24-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might be wrong, but I think that I read in a post of Greg, that he and Dutch played on the same table (in Monte Carlo???) and he told Dutch into his face something in the meaning of his pokerspot business was a fraud. At least he definetly posted this oppinion once or twice. Greg doesn´t seem like a guy who holds back with his oppinion when he thinks he´s right.

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what happened. Dutch tried to introduce himself to Ramer but Ramer waved him off. He didn't say anything to Dutch.

paperboyNC
06-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Greg said he would have said something but since he was representing pokerstars he thought it best to just keep his mouth shut.

betgo
06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Everyone knows Dutch doesn't have a great reputation. However, I am not clear from this thread fi Fossilman and Dutch had some sort of disagreement.

BlackAces
06-24-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows Dutch doesn't have a great reputation. However, I am not clear from this thread fi Fossilman and Dutch had some sort of disagreement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dutch slammed Greg in his blog following this incident. He (Dutch) was quite an ass about it (I know, par for the course).

betgo
06-24-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dutch slammed Greg in his blog following this incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not clear what the incident was.

ohkanada
06-24-2005, 12:11 PM
My imppression is that Dutch approached Greg at one of the WPT events and Greg was not going to ignore the whole pokerspot incident and wasn't his normal cheerful self.

Ken

betgo
06-24-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My imppression is that Dutch approached Greg at one of the WPT events and Greg was not going to ignore the whole pokerspot incident and wasn't his normal cheerful self.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Fossilman must have had a Pokerspot account.

TomCollins
06-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I wasn't involved in pokerspot, but I won't ignore it if I ever meet Russ.

ohkanada
06-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Not sure if he had but I am sure he knows many people that did lose money in that venture.

Ken

BlackAces
06-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I was under the understanding that he didn't, but just didn't like Dutch on general principles.