PDA

View Full Version : Stretch mark fading

pshreck
06-23-2005, 05:54 PM
I am 22, and over the past 6 months developed my first ever 'stretch marks'. They are on my hips, especially bad on my right hip for some reason.

So as I noticed them looking bad, I have been heavily dieting and exercising for a while now. The weight is rapidly going down to normal, but of course the stretch marks are looking the same. What kind of time period am I looking at before the pink/purple appearance goes away? I know the faded look is somewhat permanent, but that looks 100x better than this color nonsense.

No one link me to google, you'd be surprised how random and insufficient stretch mark info websites can be.

Yeti
06-23-2005, 06:01 PM
FWIW, I'm male, 20, and in the past 3-4 years have also got pretty bad ones on my hips and slightly above.

Have been drinking for the last year and put some weight on but they existed way before that, and my weight has barely changed in years.

Senor Cardgage
06-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Same here. For no apparent reason whatsoever (no severe weight fluctuations), I also got some bitchin' ones above both hips. They're faded now, but I honestly don't remember how long it took. Still hate takin' the shirt off in public.

twang
06-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Stretch marks are strange. When i was 16 or so I got into weight lifting and gained some mass, but nothing spectacular at all. More noticeable was that I got a really big stretch mark on my right shoulder and a couple of smaller ones across my lats. I don't mind the one on the shoulder - it looks like a scar so it's sort of badass - but the marks on my back are not that cool, especially considering that I'm 32 now and they are still there.

squeek12
06-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Damn it, we're men! We shouldn't be concerning ourselves with things such as stretch marks. But... I suggest applying cocoa butter to the affected area. This should help prevent further damage, I think. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

wacki
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Just take a bowie knife and carve up the area real nice. That should hide the stretch marks. Then tell the ladies you got hit by a I.E.D. in Iraq.

wonderwes
06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
So I just read this thread, and realized I saw one developing on the inside of my upper arm, almost near the chest.

Nothing in my life has changed lately, I just noticed it there about a month or two ago, but didnt think much of it. After reading this, it looks like you are stuck for life unless you see a dermatologist

link (http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/skin_stuff/stretch_marks.html)