PDA

View Full Version : Another 88 hand

MarkD
01-25-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm in CO. MP player limps in and I raise to isolate. Heads up on the flop.

Flop: 8 T J with two clubs.
MP checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 5h
MP checks, I bet, he raises, I know a lot of PP players will check raise two pair and other such hands on the turn heads up. A lot of players don't raise AA until the turn and heads up will check raise top pair on the turn. I reraise based on that (semi-dangerous board but heads up with a set has me fairly confident). He caps it at 4 bets and I'm a bit scared of the straight now.

River: J
Yay! Full house. He bets, I raise and he reraises me. Doh! Did he make two pair on the turn and tighten up? I decide to just call his 3 bet on the river with my full house.

Results:

He shows Q9 for the straight and I take the pot. Did I miss a bet on the river? Did I play too agressively on the turn with my 3 bet (I was behind at this point.)?

PocketRocketsBF
01-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Did you know what kind of player the MP is? If he is loose and aggressive then I may have played it like you did. If he is a tighter player then I probably don't reraise the turn and I play the river like you did. If I don't know anything about him, I usually assume a tighter player to be on the safe side.

Rube
01-26-2003, 12:21 AM
I would have played it exactly the same on every street.