PDA

View Full Version : do you use the search function?

kyro
06-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Honestly. Do you use the search function to see if the topic you want to post about has already been posted? I know I don't.

[censored]
06-23-2005, 05:08 PM
how about sometimes?

chaas4747
Only when it is a link to an article, or some current event.

Benholio
Very rarely, but none of the poll options really fit. I use the search function if I am about to ask something in a forum I don't frequent. I also use the search function to try to find an old post that I remember, and about halfway through, I realize why I hate the search function.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very rarely, but none of the poll options really fit. I use the search function if I am about to ask something in a forum I don't frequent. I also use the search function to try to find an old post that I remember, and about halfway through, I realize why I hate the search function.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This.

xLukex
06-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Honestly, I don't know how to effectively search for what I want.

I try "pooper" -r and it never works.

CrazyEyez
06-23-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. I like adding the "Yes. This." instead of the quote by itself. Gives it a little sumpin' special.

Benholio
06-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Its a shame google doesn't index the forums very well.. You can search within a domain by adding 'site:twoplustwo.com' to your search, but after testing it for a few minutes, it is woefully inadequate.