PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Turbo Texas Hold'em

wdbaker
01-25-2003, 09:43 PM
All,
I got my TTH in the mail today, would anyone be kind enough to tell me what the best settings to train on would be to learn to beat the LL games on Paradise Poker???

I'll probably be playing the 1/2 games first

Glad I found this site, you all are so smart about this stuff /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks
wdbaker Denver, Co

bernie
01-26-2003, 01:33 AM
you can do average lineup....the low limit lineup...passive lineup...aggressive lineup....try and do a few of em....LL isnt just one texture....try and be prepared for a couple different types

you wont really need to do the 'tough' lineup, but it may be a nice change of pace...

play in the competition against the advisor (200 hands) and have fun kickin his ass

b

FletchJr.
01-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Bernie, Looks like you've had experience with this software, Do you think it is worth the investment? I've been playing four about 2 years, but have been studying since the begining, I can usually beat the average 2/4 PP, but am more comfortable killing the .5/1. I haven't really played the 1/2 I find that the players are so horrible in the .5/1 that i make more money playing them.

Ed Miller
01-26-2003, 07:20 AM
I've found even the loose-passive "low limit" lineup to play loose-aggressive in TTH. Maybe I'm not setting up the lineups correctly. I've also found the bots to play very predictably... and in a way that is distinctly not human-like (at least the humans I'm used to). I actually don't like the software too much... I think you are better off learning to play against real humans at the microlimits online. I think TTH's most popular use is for running simulations.

learning2fish
01-26-2003, 12:56 PM
I almost always (>90%) beat the Advisor, but can't seem to beat the moron's playing Q3s or J7o in the low limit games anywhere on the net. Is it just my turn for bad luck? I know, I know..."you'll always get the money in the end", but it sure gets difficult when you have several idiots at the tagle playing everything where at least one of them will suck out on you at the end.

Should I just get a tissue, stfu and keep raising with the best hands?

Mike Haven
01-26-2003, 01:36 PM
it's very much a pschological thing

if you played AK out against 5 random hands you would only win about one in four games - each one of your opponents would win only about one in seven individually, but three in four as the "team" against you

if you played AK out with a bad flop you would win only about one in seven yourself - so, together, "they" would win six out of seven hands

if you only win once in every four times you get AK (and you won't as you won't play them all out) you will feel that AK "never" wins for you, especially when you see Q3 winning three times in a row - but, in fact, as you know well, you will be winning a lot more money than each of your individual bad opponents in the long run

bernie
01-26-2003, 05:44 PM
im a big advocate of this program. because it helped my game quite a bit...i got the basics down very quick with this to where it's 2nd nature to me. and for the amount of money it would have cost me to 'learn' those in a cardroom there's no comparison...

i still use it when i go into a bad streak to test my basic play. or when i feel ive played n/l enough to where its affected my starting standards in a limit game...

i mainly use the stats of 'when to play' preflop and flop play on it...the turn and river stats can be misleading..

some on here use it for sims and stuff....so if your into that, that's another bonus...

if imi having trouble with a texture live, i can try and recreate it on this and blow through 7 hours worth of live hands in about 20 mins.

it's cheap practice, and problem solver. it can help you find holes in your game....though not minor bets necesarliy. its mainly for if i sometimes get a little off.

say ive been playing very tight, tough games for awhile....so now im conditioned to those. sometimes adjustments for other textures may deteriorate due to lack of use....

this can help freshen up certain aspects like this and keep your game sharp on many edges

hope this helps...

b

AceHigh
01-26-2003, 07:13 PM
I really like TTH. I use it to practice and for simulations. Right now, I have it set to the TIGHT lineup and I play mostly 2/4 on PP. However, I have it on Tight because I want to practice playing against few opponents, so it might not be best for simulating PP 1/2.

That said, TTH has a lot of flaws. So you can't follow it's advice mindlessly.