PDA

View Full Version : CARPAL TUNNEL

pearljam
06-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Pretty sure ive got it, wrist pain, am now typing with left hand, slowly. If i give mr right hand a few days rest will it go away? until then will use this hand to play poker with, will still post just not as much, thx

Unarmed
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm positive someone will come along and insert the obvious joke here. I challenge that person to make it actually funny.

gisb0rne
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
I had similar symptoms so I switched the mouse so I was using it with my left hand. It went away eventually. If it's actually painful rather than just sore you might want to see a doctor instead.

pearljam
06-23-2005, 04:17 PM
will it go away if i rest it? help me someone

kyro
06-23-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm positive someone will come along and insert the obvious joke here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Pearl Jam, you're only a journeyman.

[ QUOTE ]
I challenge that person to make it actually funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap.

ilya
06-23-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the symptoms may subside but...well, not to scare you, but I think the underlying condition is irreversible. In any case, go see a doctor.

oh btw, this post should be in OOT, not in STT.

Slim Pickens
06-23-2005, 04:23 PM
It could also be tendonitis. I got that once from skiing combined with heavy ,um... computer use. Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and rest was the solution. It took about two weeks to heal.

Blarg
06-23-2005, 04:26 PM
It doesn't come about because you had a bad day, but because you habitually have bad keyboard/mouse habits and/or overactivity.

If you don't figure out a more ergonomic way to do things(or stop doing them), a few days rest won't do anything. It'll flare right back up when you go back to your bad habits/overuse.

wulfheir
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
I started to get this. I found some basic wrist/arm exercises and diligently did them before during and after computer sessions. I also bought, not 1, but 2 trackballs (that are ergonomically different). I routinely switch between the 3 pointing devices and my symptoms are almost completely gone. They drastically reduced within the first 3 days of trackball use.

wh1t3bread
06-23-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the underlying condition is irreversible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely true. If your symptoms are in fact being caused by the carpal ligament pushing against your nerve then surgery to cut the ligament away from the nerve can fix this problem. I know someone who had this done and it's worked.

[ QUOTE ]

In any case, go see a doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

freemoney
06-23-2005, 05:26 PM
i think that is veryyy far off from the obvious joke.

Unoriginalname
06-23-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure ive got it, wrist pain, am now typing with left hand, slowly. If i give mr right hand a few days rest will it go away? until then will use this hand to play poker with, will still post just not as much, thx

[/ QUOTE ]

It could definitely be tendonitis. Carpal tunnel syndrome is very overdiagnosed. I've had some issues with arm pain before. Check out http://www.activerelease.com/ and see if you can find a provider near you if the pain continues to bother you. I got that done on me and the results were incredible.

ilya
06-23-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the underlying condition is irreversible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely true. If your symptoms are in fact being caused by the carpal ligament pushing against your nerve then surgery to cut the ligament away from the nerve can fix this problem. I know someone who had this done and it's worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know, thanks for the correction.

future
06-23-2005, 07:46 PM
PearlJam I have great news for you!...

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO!

durron597
06-23-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that made it funnier.

kyro
06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I didn't even think of that for the first hour it was on the page?

Scuba Chuck
06-23-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the symptoms may subside but...well, not to scare you, but I think the underlying condition is irreversible. In any case, go see a doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG. Waste of time. Go see a chiropractor. Unless you think surgery (western medicine in general) is the best option for every little minor ailment.