PDA

View Full Version : Talk of Luckometers, streaks, broken hand converters - Software offer

kamrann
06-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Some free SNG Software. (http://www.sngpro.com)

Okay, heres the deal. I've been working on some general purpose SNG software for quite a while now. It started off as a small side project but as always happens with my programming projects it got a bit bloated, so I've recently been thinking of actually making it good, and looking to sell it at some point. Anyway, there's been a fair bit of discussion on the above things recently on the board, and my program already has some functionality relating to them all, so I figured I'd release a free cut down version of it for anyone interested. The other reason for me doing this now is that I'm not going to be able to spend much time on it over the next few weeks, and I don't want it stagnating on my computer when some people could get some use out of it.

Now, it's not all that cut down really. I've disabled the stuff that doesn't work yet anyway, and limited it to a maximum of 500 SNG's in any one database. This is a fairly large number I think, and anyway you can create as many databases as you like.

Before downloading, you should know it is very specific in it's requirements at the moment. Specifically, it only works with Party Poker (or skins) NLHE One Table SNG's, and not the STEPS. It can only import the hand histories that are dumped on your hard disk by the poker client, not the summaries you receive by email. Also, I imagine, though haven't checked, that it requires Windows XP, 2000 or NT4. There's a bit more info in the readme file included with the download.

Briefly, what it currently does is:
- Displays information on SNGs, Sessions, Hands, and Allins, sortable by different criteria.
- Generates summary information for each of the above 4 samples. For example, the SNGs summary includes ROI, ITM, Avg. Table Count, Avg. Chips Heads Up (and lots more).
- There's a display for individual hand histories. I've also implemented a condensed mode like bisonbisons converter. I've made it as similar to his as possible, since people have complained it doesn't work too well but obviously posters on here as used to the format. Of course if I ever sell this software I won't copy his format, it was just for convenience for this release. There's an option to copy the hand history onto the clipboard, preformatted for the 2+2 board.
- Allins/Luckometer. When you import SNGs, it searches for all your allin situations and calculates $EV using ICM and works out the difference between that and your actual results in the hand, so you get a $EV - $AV value for each, giving an idea of how much luck cost or gained you after all the chips went in. My enumerator is currently very unoptimised so this takes ages for all the hands, but runs in the background so you can still use the rest of the program while its calculating.
- Theres a simple tool added for calculating rough probabilities of ITM/OOTM streaks given ITM% and number of SNGs.

Alright, post way too long already. Would be glad of any feedback or suggestions for the program, though as I said I'll be too busy to work much on it over the coming weeks.

Oh and one final thing. The domain for the download is only just registered. It's working fine here, but it's possible it may not have yet propagated to the USA, in which case give it 24 hours and it should be up.

trdi
06-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Looks really cool. Could you include Pokerstars, too?

Newt_Buggs
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
500 Sngs isn't very many.

I don't see how your, or any luckometer can have any accuracy. There's just too many different forms of luck other than just showdown % when all in.

octaveshift
06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I just installed this, and it seems VERY cool. I can't wait to dig a little deeprt.

tminus
06-23-2005, 05:00 PM
cool...ill try it

here's a feature request for your next rev:
how about listing the pot size next to each line item of the betting sequence

Freudian
06-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Very nice. Of course the optimal would be if it could use PT databases since that is where most of our stats are.

kamrann
06-23-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you include Pokerstars, too?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I will for sure, but it won't be done for a while.

[ QUOTE ]
500 Sngs isn't very many.

I don't see how your, or any luckometer can have any accuracy. There's just too many different forms of luck other than just showdown % when all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I may relax the limits at some point, I'll definitely release a later versions for free at some stage too.

As for the luckometer, accuracy to what? I didn't claim it meant anything, but a lot of people have shown interest in having something like this, you can read as much or as little into the numbers as you like.
Having said that, my guess is that allin luck is a pretty big indicator of overall luck, though of course I agree it comes in many other forms too.

[ QUOTE ]
how about listing the pot size next to each line item of the betting sequence

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, there's a number of other things I'm considering adding to the hand history display, this was just a first draft really (the numbers in brackets after the stack sizes are ICM EV btw). It might get a bit too cluttered though so I guess I'll make the various things user-configurable, and pot size will be one of them.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course the optimal would be if it could use PT databases since that is where most of our stats are.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. I believe the PT database file format is freely available, I'll check this out and if so that would be the next thing added.

Mr_Gordon
06-28-2005, 12:05 PM
bump for this program because I don't think many people got the chance to see it. It didn't even make gildwulf's June Digest!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

gildwulf
06-28-2005, 01:04 PM
extra bump for that last comment:) After going through 50 pgs. of posts I think my eyes fell off...this should definitely be in there.

kamrann
06-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the bump! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The website has had quite a few hits, but not all that many downloads of the software in comparison. This isn't surprising because the version that's up is very limited so no doubt many posters can't use it. I'll release another version when I get chance, and make sure it's of more general use, for example, with a PT import function.

I recently implemented proper filtering, so it's possible to filter all the data by literally any combination of conditions, for example, "Find all hands where I pushed into 2 or more limpers during the first 3 levels, with a stack > 10 BBs, and busted out, and calculate my average $EV from those situations." The functionality will be in there to do any such query, but obviously some stats are more useful than others and should be displayed without needing to create searches. Problem is there are so many things I think would be useful I'm getting swamped by all the data and don't know what to display where. Point is, if anyone has any ideas on what stats/bits of data would be most useful and most interesting, or they'd want to be able to search for in a program, I'd be interested to hear.

joeblo
06-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Just installed and tried to use the software. I used to have a PP acct but recently moved to Empire and the software seems to crash when I try to import from both accounts.

Maybe you can look into this before your next release. Looking forward to the new release.

rvg72
06-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Looks great - I like the "luckometer" concept. I'll try it when I get home and good luck with the software.

Should definately be added to the June threads list.

kamrann
06-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Right, that's not too good is it? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Sorry about that.

I use Party and Empire, so there's no problem there. You are using the .txt hand history files that are auto-dumped on your hard drive by the client yes, rather than emailed versions? Try selecting a subfolder for import, with just one days tournaments for example, and see if that imports okay. I'll take a look into it anyway, but it's hard to fix a problem which I'm not having myself!

Alternatively, if you're happy to send me a few of your hand history files that cause the problem, I can probably sort it out quite quickly.