PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic city 2-5NL vs 1-2NL

arod15
06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
How does 2-5 play in comparision to 1-2. Is it the same fools with more money or is the competitions legitimatly more difficult. WHen does the comp rise 5-10NL like to hear from someone who has moved up. I have crushed the 1-2 and want to move up but its hard since 1-2 has almost no risk. I need to get very unlucky to lose if the cards just break even im bound to double up as play is that soft. Its almost as if there is no risk at those tables. I have the roll for 2-5 but im wondering if the risk-reward is worth it.

Yarney
06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
2/5 can be nice and profitable but table selection becomes much much more important. You won't be able to slaughter virtually every table like you can with 1/2, you have to be more patient and find the sweet spots.

-Yarney

MisterKing
06-23-2005, 03:01 PM
While I have very little time in the 2-5 games, I'd suggest that they're at least somewhat tougher than the 1-2 games. You get fewer casual players, and more aggressive players -- so at a minimum you'll face more difficult decisions per session than you do in the 1-2 game. You might be able to make more BB/100 from the overly aggressive guys, but you'll take much higher variance while doing so.

Conspir8or
06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Keep at least half an ear on the table talk at 2-5, in particular if some of the players are talking about the lists on the higher-blind tables. I sat at a 2-5 table at the Tropicana and at least half the players were there slumming while waiting to be called for higher games. This is not a guarantee of better play at 2-5, though -- one of these guys was going to the river with any two face cards and rebuying the full $500 every half hour or so. The rest were good players and would have dominated a 1-2 table (or a passive 2-5 table, also to be found in AC). So keep an ear open and don't be shy about changing tables.