PDA

View Full Version : This spot sucks

SmileyEH
06-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I think I played this ok, but it still felt kind of off. Turn bet might be spewing. Button was a lag so his range of hands is widish - AT comes to mind, also two pair a set or even just TPGK. When button raises my turn bet there could be a fold, but the pot is getting big. Maybe I should have avoided this by just calling down? BB is more passive so I called the flop to see if he would cap or not - when he calls I'm pretty sure I am at least ahead of him and probably the button. I think I need to call the river if button bets here. My image is probably overaggressive as usual if that makes a difference.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks

-SmileyEH

jba
06-23-2005, 01:20 PM
it looks ok to me.

c/c the river I guess is the only way to go.

you're right, this spot totally sucks.

molawn2mo
06-23-2005, 01:24 PM
fwiw, i really bugs me to have to read an entire preface to a hand in order to get the reads of the op. these long, dertailed prefaces invariably taint my response becuase i have been infected with the op's mindset, a mindset that may or may not be a factor in my analysis.

my preference is to have simple reads like. UTG is LAG, MP is LP but aggro on river, etc.

it seems to me that you will get much better responses without including your thoughts and reasons in the preface.

SmileyEH
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i really bugs me to have to read an entire preface to a hand in order to get the reads of the op. these long, dertailed prefaces invariably taint my response becuase i have been infected with the op's mindset, a mindset that may or may not be a factor in my analysis.

my preference is to have simple reads like. UTG is LAG, MP is LP but aggro on river, etc.

it seems to me that you will get much better responses without including your thoughts and reasons in the preface.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we disagree then. A lot of the times when I post a hand people ask why I played it how I did. I'm just offering up my reasoning pre-emptively.

-SmileyEH

molawn2mo
06-23-2005, 01:37 PM
but by offering it up pre-emptively, you invariably taint the "objective" responses that your post is supposed to elicit.

just giving you my thoughts, though.

SmileyEH
06-23-2005, 01:40 PM
In any case...your thoughts on the hand?

-SmileyEH

mdeck
06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
I think check/calling the river is the only play you can make - even though Button is a LAG and could be overplaying TP, chances are good that button called w/ T9s or 66. I can't figure out BB's play - I want to put him on a raggedy two pair, but I can't tell for sure. He did cc the 3bet, so I guess 99 or TT is a possibility.

I'd check and call one bet, if it comes two back to me I'm inclined to fold, though the pot is ginormous.

Grease
06-23-2005, 01:56 PM
I have a pseudo-crazy idea. Why don't your c/r the turn? The button, a known LAG 3-bet you, so why not take the opportunity to get it HU with him. You can c/c the river if he 3-bets the turn, but if he calls, you can have an easy value bet.

I have been breaking out my best LAG game recently.

Tell me if I ever go too far.

molawn2mo
06-23-2005, 02:02 PM
since you asked....

the river blows. bet/fold is only good if QQ will release and I doubt that. so check call.

aK13
06-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Can someone explain the turn SNG to me?

threeonefour
06-23-2005, 02:09 PM
There isn't much on this flop other than a potential straight draw. There are three different open end draws possible and one of them hit on the turn.

That being said, I think its most likely the Button and CO have semi made hands (one pair or better). I don't think its likely the turn is getting checked through so i would check. I would say this because you aren't afraid of a free card because its not likely these players have big draws and its also not likely they won't bet regardless. With threebets preflop and on the flop, your hand isn't looking that great really, Its look fine but it doesn't look like a hand that wants to see anymore raising.

so I guess I am just saying, I don't understand the turn bet, The pots already big and i see you as in a way ahead way behind situation and your bet has very little chance of folding. If you really think your hand is good for that kind of action, C/R when the button bets sounds like a better line because it gets the CO to fold