PDA

View Full Version : Will need recordings of WSOP 2005

maryfield48
06-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

For those who don't know me, I'm a Jamaican 2+2er, who has recently been deprived of ESPN by dictate of the copyright gods. My cable company (and all cable companies here) can no longer show ESPN, so I have no way to see the WSOP episodes when they start running.

I'm going to have serious withdrawal symptoms when you guys start posting about what all goes on on TV that I haven't seen.

So I'm looking for someone who Tivo's it or whatever who can copy it to DVD or VHS and send them to my Miami mailbox. Obviously I'd cover all costs. Anyone who can help please PM me.

meow_meow
06-23-2005, 12:09 PM
You should be able to get them quicker and cheaper via bittorrent or similar.

maryfield48
06-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks, how quickly after airing d'you think they'd be up?

meow_meow
06-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Probably within 24 hours - that's how it goes with most regular tv shows anyway (and WPT broadcasts).

phuc
06-23-2005, 03:42 PM
on a slightly related note, what client is the best for downloading poker bittorrents? and what search method is best for finding poker-related bittorrents? thx

Allinlife
06-23-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loc: the real Sin City

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah

randomstumbl
06-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Um, unless you plan on using it a lot the default bittorent client is peachy keen.

To find the client, just google it. I think it's bitconjurer.com, but seriously, it'll be the first thing that comes up on google.

You can probably find links to somewhere carrying the eps through google too; though, that'll take a little more time.

Lady Dont Tekno
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Some torrents now require non-default BT clients. I don't use BT that much but Azereus has worked well for me and torrentspy.com is pretty cool.

Indiana
06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I always have trouble with the .avi files on my cpu. I use icaster to watch vids and that is likely my problem. I have tried downloading the simple version of winamp but that dont help either.

Any advice?

Indy

randomstumbl
06-23-2005, 06:20 PM
If I had to take one guess...

You've never installed the proper codec for whatever file you're trying to watch. If you know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about, just go to divx.com (http://divx.com) and install their player. That's probably the easiest way to get a bunch of codecs installed without knowing what the heck you're doing.

lozen
06-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Same boat being in Canada. So i also use a bittorrent.

Also will need a program like ABC and DIVX to watch

Im sure someone will post them here

henrikrh
06-23-2005, 10:13 PM
I recommend azureus as well.

maryfield48
06-24-2005, 12:24 AM
I'll want to burn onto DVD though - watch them with a bunch of friends. Is that a simple process, any tips or websites that can help me with that?

GrannyMae
06-24-2005, 01:30 AM
i will tape them and ship to you. my pleasure. PM me when it starts airing and we will make the arrangements.

maryfield48
06-24-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i will tape them and ship to you. my pleasure. PM me when it starts airing and we will make the arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote one of my favourite 2+2ers:

"wooooo!"

Thanks Granny. Only thing is I figure you'll be kinda busy with personal appearances, etc., after winning the main event. But in that case I guess you can get one of your staff to do it.

TheCroShow
06-24-2005, 08:34 AM
azureus is for the win! if you're having troubles with videos, yes by all means get divx...ALSO get VLC Media Player.it's amazing, i have only installed divx and VLC and have had zero problems with videos. VLC runs everything to perfection

GrannyMae
06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote one of my favourite 2+2ers:

"wooooo!"

Thanks Granny. Only thing is I figure you'll be kinda busy with personal appearances, etc., after winning the main event. But in that case I guess you can get one of your staff to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

staff?? wtf kind of staff can i afford for 20% LESS uncle sam??

heck, i may use it as an excuse to sell bootleg copies on ebay to pay my bills.

but your's will be free.

woooo

Freudian
06-24-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
on a slightly related note, what client is the best for downloading poker bittorrents? and what search method is best for finding poker-related bittorrents? thx

[/ QUOTE ]

ABC (http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/) is what I use.