PDA

View Full Version : WSOP $1k Rebuy event

jaco70
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm off to vegas to play in the $1k buy-in event. My biggest concern is that this is a rebuy event and I'm not planning on rebuying. This is what I say now. I know myself well enough to say that I'll probably rebuy once when the time comes...if it makes sense.

What are your thoughts on these rebuys with Pros playing? Does a guy like me stand a chance? I'm a decent player and I've won a few tournies here and there (biggest was a $100 buy-in at Taj, I took home $10k) but never up against pros and never with rebuys.

Whats my best strategy here knowing that plenty of players will be playing loose and ready to rebuy numerous times? Tight, tight, tight with my fingers crossed?

durron597
06-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I would not want to play in this event without rebuying once and adding on. So expect to spend $3000.

On the other hand, you can plan to make it a cheap rebuy - in other words, play more normal poker in the rebuy period and don't rebuy if you bust.

Rick Diesel
06-23-2005, 02:00 PM
You lose so much EV by not rebuying that there is no way you should play in this.

bruce
06-23-2005, 02:07 PM
You are at a huge disadvantage by not rebuying. Make sure no
one at your table knows that you do not plan on rebuying. During the rebuy period try to take advantage of the loose, wild play.

Bruce

SossMan
06-23-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You lose so much EV by not rebuying that there is no way you should play in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't actually lose EV, but you are certainly losing the opportunity of +EV situations by playing without regard to going broke during the rebuy period and taking advantage of the bad play.

KKrAAAzy88s
06-24-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm off to vegas to play in the $1k buy-in event.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you talking about the Friday/Saturday night mega satellite for the ME? The $1000 is not a rebuy satellite. They're running $225 rebuys at 3pm and 7pm daily.

Dan Rutter
06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I would not enter a rebuy tournament with the intentions that I will not be making rebuys.