PDA

View Full Version : Soft Turningstone Tournies?

hotsauce615
06-23-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm still somewhat of a beginner with a small roll. I'm just grinding dollars out on the party skins network at the moment. I'm a good player though, and know my stuff pretty well. I don't do tournaments much, if at all. I do play in the players club tournies on party and consistantly reach below 100, though never placing for cash. Out of 1900 people though it's not bad. I figure that since Turningstone is 18+, and near a lot of colleges, it attracts a young crowd who are caught up in the WSOP and WPT stuff. I think if I go in there and bring my A game I should clean up in these like 50$ buy in tournies. Any info on the competition?

shaundeeb
06-23-2005, 11:33 AM
They are soft, but there is some solif competition. Also, they have one of the worst pay scales you need to be top 3 to get more than 3X your buy-in. It's a shame a flatter payout would make me play them more since its more worthwhile.

joeboe2001
06-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Is a soft live tournament such a great deal? Doesn't that mean you would end up in the same situation you would on line--going all in with a set and losing to some yo yo who calls with a gut shot draw?

KKsuited
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
1900 people, you constantly make it inside 100, but no cashes? Something doesn't add up. You either need to correct the story or stop playing those tournaments.

betgo
06-23-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1900 people, you constantly make it inside 100, but no cashes? Something doesn't add up. You either need to correct the story or stop playing those tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are freerolls. If he is consistantly making the top 5%, he could probably try a live $50 tournament or a low buyin cash online tournament.

TM1212
06-24-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I think, you need to head back to high school for some reading comprehension. HE SAID "Players Club tourts" which are free rolls that pay out top 50 max, even if there 2,500 entries. Why make a post criticizing his post and in no why answering his question? In what way does that help him? Especially when your dead wrong.

As for turningstone, there tourts are lose, but there not players club tourts. Some tough competition (rare but still). Play some online tourts with buyins, pick up Tournament poker for advanced players to make sure you understand the differences between cash games and tourts, and concepts like, the gap concept. Then head down to tstone and try it out. They have may low buyin tourts, but I wouldn't expect to clean up right away, in tourts with tough payout structures, alot of things have to come together along with good play.

BTW there haveing some big tourts the August 12 to 17 I believe, including a $300, $500, $1000, and $2000 tourts. YOu should try some sats or something, itll be fun.

KKsuited
06-24-2005, 11:38 AM
me go back to High School? Sounds like someone may be in high school.

Sorry, I don't know jack about freerolls. Never played one, never will. Complete waste of time IMO.

Like I said, change the story or stop playing. I guess stop playing.

If you can play like you claim, stop wasting 8 hours of your day to make no money. Play a $5 event and win it. That's how I started.