PDA

View Full Version : CDC and I play a hand

scrub
06-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Wynn 40/80.

I am SB. CDC is BB. Bad player openlimps. I complete with Q9o. CDC checks.

Flop is 974r.

I bet, CDC raises, bad player folds, I 3-bet, CDC looks sad and calls.

Turn is a blank. I bet, CDC calls.

River is a 3. I bet. CDC raises. I...?

scrub

brettbrettr
06-23-2005, 11:14 AM
CDC has 45? I don't know if that explains the sad look so much, unless before your 3-bet he figured the 4's and 5's might be outs(?)

Anyhoo, if I call here I'd expect to lose. Any reason to think he might be bluffing here?

mister
06-23-2005, 11:16 AM
he has 56 ?

mister
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
what's the read on CDC ?

brettbrettr
06-23-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he has 56 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I meant. Not 45, 56.

DeathDonkey
06-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't see how he can expect you to fold top pair here, so I'd fold. He was BB so he could easily have something like 93 or 73. If he can bluff raise rivers like this I would hate playing against him out of position.

-DeathDonkey

Entity
06-23-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the read on CDC ?

[/ QUOTE ]

LAG wearing a hawaiian punch t-shirt?

nolanfan34
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
I think he looked sad because the bad player dropped to his raise.

I can't see him raising the river with a hand you can beat, but I'll admit it's hard to fold there. Some of it depends how in line you guys have been playing.

For that reason, I think I like check/calling the river. He's probably going to value bet a lot of hands like K7 or A4 that you can beat, if he thinks you were getting frisky with overcards. At the same time, I think your bet is only getting raised if you're beat, and he's going to fold anything less than A-high, so I don't think the bet has much merit.

Of course, all of this goes out the window if he's living up to his LAG rep.

thejameser
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
it smells like 56, 2 pair, or a slowplayed set so i would have to make a crying call; i couldn't live with myself folding unless i was absolutely 100% sure that he was bluffing. likely beat, but i call anyway. but i do suck.

turnipmonster
06-23-2005, 03:55 PM
this seems an easy fold, am I missing something?

Luv2DriveTT
06-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Look CDC in the eye and say you won't get me to fold my hand, then call with the looser because you have been totally owned.

Very well played by CDC, he knew exactly how you would play the river and took advantage of it.

PS for the record, I'm not positive CDC has the straight... but he probably has the winning hand.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
06-23-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against CDC, this is not an easy fold. I think Scrub is right to question the river.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

scrub
06-26-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

scrub

scrub
06-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I didn't think the river was a particularly good card for Chris to bluff at and I was almost positive that he had hit his double gutshot on the river.

I bet planning to fold to a raise, but then after he raised this little voice in the back of my head kept reminding me of stories I've heard about Chris making wild river bluff raises, and I called and got shown the straight.

Anyway, I posted this at the same time as the hand I played with Evan because it was a situation where Chris's reputation as someone who could raise the river extremely thin caused me to pay off in a spot I usually wouldn't.

I'm positive that I should have folded here, but I figured if I was posting a hand where Evan tried to save a couple bets when he shouldn't have, I'd post a hand where I payed off when I shouldn't have.

scrub

Justin A
06-26-2005, 07:24 PM
If CDC is playing well it won't matter whether you call or fold.

Entity
06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

JoshuaD
06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If CDC is playing really well it will matter and you will choose the worst decision. I don't think any of us are so good that we don't have mistakes that can be exploited.

scrub
06-26-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If CDC is playing really well it will matter and you will choose the worst decision. I don't think any of us are so good that we don't have mistakes that can be exploited.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dumb.

I'm not magical, and neither is Chris.

scrub

scrub
06-26-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were a number of factors that should have led me to believe he would bluff far less than optimally in this spot which I don't feel right about posting, but I agree in principle.

scrub

QTip
06-26-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting it, but would like to if someone wouldn't mind explaining it to me please.

Justin A
06-26-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were a number of factors that should have led me to believe he would bluff far less than optimally in this spot which I don't feel right about posting, but I agree in principle.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case if that's your read, you have to fold. He's certainly not raising a worse hand for value.

Justin A
06-26-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting it, but would like to if someone wouldn't mind explaining it to me please.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game theory issue. Read the chapter that discusses it in TOP. Basically if CDC is playing optimally, he should be bluffing at a frequency that makes Scrub indifferent to calling or folding.

QTip
06-26-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game theory issue. Read the chapter that discusses it in TOP. Basically if CDC is playing optimally, he should be bluffing at a frequency that makes Scrub indifferent to calling or folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, I remember this now. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1781700&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) Had forgotten about that, thanks.

Justin A
06-26-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, I remember this now. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1781700&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) Had forgotten about that, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be trying this against players at 2/4 or 3/6 though, it's gotta be a good player who you don't have a judgment advantage over.