PDA

View Full Version : $11's What does villain have?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-23-2005, 09:17 AM
What do you put villain on?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t870)
Hero (t875)
BB (t840)
UTG (t645)
UTG+1 (t1580)
MP1 (t710)
MP2 (t770)
MP3 (t940)
CO (t770)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls t15, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t75) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t55</font>, UTG+1 calls t55, Button calls t55, Hero calls t55, BB folds.

Turn: (t295) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t45</font>, UTG+1 calls t45, Button calls t45, Hero calls t45.

River: (t475) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t70</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, Hero calls t70.

Final Pot: t615

I am sure that I played this hand wrong, and villain played it perfectly, but I could not figure out what he had... and I was chasing the str8... but I thought borderline poor odds on flop (should have folded), good pot odds on turn... river... a lot of money in pot and I am not crippled if I call...

Scuba Chuck
06-23-2005, 09:21 AM
dfscott posted once a while back a post titled "here fishy fishy, can you find the fish, is it me?"

This title would be appropriate here.

Scuba
who thinks your line should be very simple here with ducks. No set on the flop, no more chips in the pot. Who cares if you can put villain on a hand. You can try and work that angle after you've folded, but not by paying him.

zambonidrivr
06-23-2005, 09:21 AM
ace with bad kicker

adanthar
06-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I think you probably beat the missed flush draw (or lost to an A but you know, I really don't care because...) but you should've folded the flop, anyway.

edit: If by 'Villain played it perfectly' you mean 'Villain played whatever he had like a $11 donkey, nice turn/river bets' then yeah, he played it pretty well

calf
06-23-2005, 09:27 AM
It doesn't really matter what villain has, since you should not call this flop in my opinion. You don't have pot odds for your gutshot and I doubt you have much in the way of implied odds since the board will be so coordinated. The 4 of clubs is not even a full out due to reverse implied odds from the flush draw. Your 2's are also tainted from the flush and straights they complete.

Villain might have Kx clubs or a weak ace or any other stupid hand but I don't think it really matters because you can't beat anything and even getting such big odds on the river I don't think you can call even if you end up making it that far in the hand.

Fold every street except preflop.

45suited
06-23-2005, 09:28 AM
a bunch of your chips that you shouldn't have given him.

fold the flop.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-23-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you probably beat the missed flush draw (or lost to an A but you know, I really don't care because...) but you should've folded the flop, anyway.

edit: If by 'Villain played it perfectly' you mean 'Villain played whatever he had like a $11 donkey, nice turn/river bets' then yeah, he played it pretty well

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it back, villain's play was not perfect, but he bet just enough to keep several of us donkey's paying him off.

unfrgvn
06-23-2005, 10:13 AM
My guess is K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Agree with others, fold on the flop. you only have 3 outs to the str8 and one out to trips, do you see why?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Villain flopped two pair A3s. Villain was not betting enough to keep other opponents on flush draw from chasing w/ correct odds. I knew I should have folded, but it was one of those times where I was 'opposite man' I know what I am supposed to do but I do the opposite... George Castanza did this in Sienfeld

kyro
06-23-2005, 10:18 AM
And then you hit your miracle 4/images/graemlins/club.gif on the river and lose your stack to the flush. You didn't have "borderline" pot odds. You had nothing. I can't think of a hand villain could have that would back up his odd betting pattern.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Agree with others, fold on the flop. you only have 3 outs to the str8 and one out to trips, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I counted 6 outs 4 fours and 2 twos???

unfrgvn
06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
The 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif would put the flush on the board. Even if villian didn't have a flush draw I would bet quite a bit that one of the other 2 did.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif would put the flush on the board. Even if villian didn't have a flush draw I would bet quite a bit that one of the other 2 did.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh sh!t, I did not think of that... thank you, you just identified another leak! really glad I posted this hand.