PDA

View Full Version : Bad river play in a 9BB pot?

DMBFan23
06-23-2005, 09:08 AM
but I really think it's right, if anyone disagrees then help me fix a leak /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party 5/10 6max, 6 handed

bad loose passive doesn't-raise-straights MP limps, folded to ok/aggressive Button who raises, SB cool calls, I call in the BB with 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, MP of course calls

Flop (4 players, 8 SB) is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I check, UTG checks, Button bets, SB folds, I raise, UTG folds, Button calls

Turn (2 players, 6 BB) is the K /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, Button calls

River (2 players, 8BB) is the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, Button bets, I pause for almost the whole time and then finally fold.

so I guess my questions in order, are
1) Bet the river?
2) Given that I checked, call?
27) how about the rest of the hand?

DMBFan23
06-23-2005, 10:41 AM
just one reply of "standard" and I'll go away

RunDownHouse
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
I guess you put him on a higher PP?

DMBFan23
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
or some K overcards that hit

the alternative was something clubby with overcards or something AJish. would you have called?

EDIT again: also I guess A9s is an option, or even T9s/A9o on an isolation

wheelz
06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
I think I'd go for check-call, putting him on something clubby as well.

I definitely want to see this showdown. You would've seen another raise from a bigger pair somewhere throughout the hand from a somewhat aggressive player I would think.

RunDownHouse
06-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I ruled out a K and a 9 because I would think there'd be more action out of those hands from an aggressive player. So the only reason I fold the river is because I think he's got a higher PP (or A6 or something?). C/c for me, too, I think.

SomethingClever
06-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Why on earth did you bet the turn if you were going to check/fold the river?

He either has AK or he doesn't... the fact that he didn't raise the turn means it's less likely he does.

I think bet/fold or check/call are both better options on the river.

DMBFan23
06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to get him to fold something like ATo/AJo/QTo/etc?

edit: although at that point once he calls I think I can rule out a K, even though that's probably how I'd play a K versus most opponents

SomethingClever
06-23-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: although at that point once he calls I think I can rule out a K, even though that's probably how I'd play a K versus most opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you shouldn't bet the turn, but given that he just called, I think you should see a showdown. I'd probably check/call.

Kimpan
06-23-2005, 02:10 PM
I would fold the flop.. How bad is that?

Alobar
06-23-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you shouldn't bet the turn, but given that he just called, I think you should see a showdown. I'd probably check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think given that villian called the turn, his river bet is for value. Hero raised a raggy flop, I dont think any halfway decent player bluffs A high or a missed flush draw on this river. If he was the bluffin type, that turn card is the perfect card to do it on. Im of the opinion his river bet is from a hand he thinks is good.Given that all we have is 44, I check/fold as well.