PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Trade Advice

wh1t3bread
06-23-2005, 08:51 AM
So my team can't break into the top 3 of my league (Yahoo - pretty standard scoring) this season. I had to autodraft and my pitching (especially relief pitching) is weak.

A trade was just proposed to me:

Preston Wilson and Keith Foulke
for
Miguel Cabrera and Juan Rincon

My outfield has Cabrera, Burrell, Klesko, Milton Bradley (DL), and Corey Patterson. The rest of my lineup is decent with Pujols, Ortiz, and Posada. Fantasy Points total wise this is about as even a trade as you can get.

The only thing keeping me from making this trade is the fact that Wilson will probably be traded before the deadline and will be hitting away from Coors.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Russ McGinley
06-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Foulke > Rincon despite Foulke's horrid ERA.

Wilson is an out machine on the road (.219 BA, 4 HR, 11 RBI) so you are seriously downgrading if he is traded out of Coors.

If you desperately need saves you should probably do it but I'd try and get a better OF in the deal. Patterson may be the worst player in the league right now and Klesko is a spot starter at best.

xadrez
06-23-2005, 09:08 AM
I would say dont do it.

I wouldnt hate letting go of Cabrera unless I got back more than Foulke (If this is a keeper league then definately dont do it). Cabrera helps you everywhere, while Foulke mainly gives you just saves. Rincon is a decent middle reliever who will help you in ERA, WHIP.

How deep is your league? If you need saves try and look for guys who will be promoted after the trade deadline, pick them up and stash them. Like Mike Gonzalez from Pittsburgh for example.

Preston Wilson is way overrated. Hes an injury risk too.

wh1t3bread
06-23-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wilson is an out machine on the road (.219 BA, 4 HR, 11 RBI) so you are seriously downgrading if he is traded out of Coors.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my biggest problem. Every rumor has him getting traded by the deadline too. The Cubs seem very interested.

I am last in the league in saves. The only closer I have on my team is Baez. OUCH!

wh1t3bread
06-23-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How deep is your league?

[/ QUOTE ]

12 teams (25 players per team + 1 DL slot). Pretty much zero players on the free agent list worth starting. Btw, it's not a keeper league.

[ QUOTE ]

If you need saves try and look for guys who will be promoted after the trade deadline, pick them up and stash them. Like Mike Gonzalez from Pittsburgh for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thought. I'll take a look.

[ QUOTE ]

Preston Wilson is way overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. My team is hurting and I am getting desperate to do something. Anything. Maybe I will try to pry away one of his better starters like Smoltz instead of Foulke.