PDA

View Full Version : need help with play from the blinds

die_rich88
06-23-2005, 05:54 AM
I recently reviewed my entire history on pokertracker (just a lil over 10,000 hands) and the positions I've lost the most money in are the blinds. In fact, compared to the other positions, I lose the by far the most money in the blinds.

I play 3-6 and 2-4 limit, and reviewing some of my hands in the blinds, it seems that I am limping in alot due to the great odds the pot is giving me.

So, a question, should I be folding hands like face-med number, off suit connectors, one/two gappers etc. Or am I playing proper by calling from the blinds with these type of hands.

Does anyone out there experience the same leak in their game, if so, any suggestions on how to play from the blinds?

jjacky
06-23-2005, 06:01 AM
i think it would help us readers to post the vpip, vpip from sb and the position stats. hard to tell you anything about your play without some data.

one general point for small blind play is important most of the time:
if you play 2/4 and 3/6 play much more tightly in the small blind when you play 3/6 because the SB is relatively smaller than in a 2/4 game. imo this effect is much bigger than some people realize.

crunchy1
06-23-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently reviewed my entire history on pokertracker (just a lil over 10,000 hands) and the positions I've lost the most money in are the blinds. In fact, compared to the other positions, I lose the by far the most money in the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone loses money in the blinds. The question to gauge your play from the blinds is what is your BB/Hand in the small/big blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
I play 3-6 and 2-4 limit, and reviewing some of my hands in the blinds, it seems that I am limping in alot due to the great odds the pot is giving me.
So, a question, should I be folding hands like face-med number, off suit connectors, one/two gappers etc. Or am I playing proper by calling from the blinds with these type of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to play tighter from the small blind in the 3/6 game than the 2/4 game do to the structure of the blinds. If you're calling hands like K6o in the SB at 3/6 you're probably costing yourself quite a bit of $$$.