PDA

View Full Version : Dissconnect + ROI

GutPunch
06-23-2005, 05:05 AM
When you are in a SNG, and you disconnect, do you count that as a loss in your records? Or do you make a note that you disconnected?

How do you handle it when calculating your ROI?

thanks

Sykes
06-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Well I made 3rd in a sng when I disconnected (7 ppl were left when i got DC'ed) and I just added a disconnected note to the # of sngs and the 3rd place finish.

chisness
06-23-2005, 05:14 AM
it should go into your win/loss tally for the month in something like an "other sngs" category -- thats where i also put the sngs i accidentally join that are of the wrong type

it wouldn't make sense to mess up your roi with those because the correct roi can be useful in figuring out expected profit and such

Mr_J
06-23-2005, 05:50 AM
"it wouldn't make sense to mess up your roi with those because the correct roi can be useful in figuring out expected profit and such"

You should count it in ROI. ROI is return on your investment. You bought in so you have to count it ($hit happens). Counting it is not unfair since ROI doesn't measure skill, just the numbers. Only reason not to count it is for your 2+2 e-penis so can say your ROI is 0.05% higher than what it really is.

astarck
06-23-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't make sense to mess up your roi with those because the correct roi can be useful in figuring out expected profit and such

[/ QUOTE ]

And wouldn't you want to know when figuring out your expected profit and such what your roi is when you sometimes disconnect? There is no gaurentee that your next set will be disconnect-free.