PDA

View Full Version : Question for Late Play

chiefrunningbad
06-23-2005, 03:54 AM
If theres 6 left in a tourney and your near the chip lead. top 4 get paid. your in no danger of being blinded out. You have a pot where your a 2-1 favorite, but if you lose your out. should u fold?? .???.asuming u dont have much in the pot.

kasey2004
06-23-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have a pot where your a 2-1 favorite

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how u are guaranteed to be a 2-1 fav. This sounds like there was a hand to go with it. please post the hand and review from there

Lloyd
06-23-2005, 10:52 AM
So a trickier way of asking "Should I fold AA (orKK)?". No. If you know you're a 2 to 1 favorite you should never fold in a standard payout tournament.

schwza
06-23-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If theres 6 left in a tourney and your near the chip lead. top 4 get paid. your in no danger of being blinded out. You have a pot where your a 2-1 favorite, but if you lose your out. should u fold?? .???.asuming u dont have much in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i could answer your question if i had a little bit less detail about the hand. oh, no, i mean more.

Pepsquad
06-23-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i could answer your question if i had a little bit less detail about the hand. oh, no, i mean more.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need any information about the hand. This is a clear call. Hero being "close to the chiplead" yet "if you lose, you're out" villain is obviously big-stack or 2nd in chips. You win this hand and you are far and away the chipleader 6-handed and at least one stack crippled. Your chances of winning this thing just went through the roof. Forget about 2:1, I don't need much more than the better part of a coinflip here.

chiefrunningbad
06-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Look at it like this..you played a pot for all your chips and when the money went in you were 2-1 favorite. You lose and are out. could you just have folded?

DemonDeac
06-23-2005, 08:28 PM
well since im tryin to win this shiznit, im calling being a 2-1 favorite. im not tryin to creep into the money.

IN IT TO WIN IT!!