PDA

View Full Version : Help with PartyPoker Stock

REL18
06-23-2005, 03:20 AM
Ok i know nearly nothing about stocks dont use difficult words. How do i buy this party poker stock coming out! I think im gonna get flammed but anyway its worth it if i can get some help on how to buy this stock arent ipos only buyable form huge corporations

StickyWicket
06-25-2005, 12:16 AM
1) no, IPO's are not just available to large corporations. The difference between a domestic (US) and this IPO is that it is not trading on any of the US exchanges. The rules for foreign exchanges differ by country.

2) do some research on this stock, the underlying company, and the most recent publicity with regards to the US makeup of the players on Party and the effects legality of online gambling may have to do with the ultimate profitability of this issue. If you've done that, great. If not, don't just ride the poker bandwagon and want to get ahold of it because it's poker.

Sticky /images/graemlins/heart.gif

REL18
06-27-2005, 06:01 AM
I still dont know were do i go to buy this stock!

apokera
06-27-2005, 11:26 AM
how much is 126p in american dollars???????

Martin
06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Well for a start you need a broker. Then you have to check that your broker will allow you to purchase foreign stocks. I'm not sure how that works in the USA in Europe it's much easier.

stone_7
06-27-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how much is 126p in american dollars???????

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

StickyWicket
06-27-2005, 10:51 PM
To clarify, yes. You need a broker at one of the larger wirehouses with access to foreign markets to be able to purchase this issue.

The trouble for most investors in the US will be finding a broker willing to handle a purchase of less than $10k worth of the issue, as quite frankly it's not really worth it for them at that or even below it. You're going to be paying hefty commissions and account setup fees, and the discount online brokerages can't help you on this one.

Anyone interested in a purchase of this issue over $10k is welcome to PM me and I'll forward my office information.

Sticky /images/graemlins/heart.gif

thuja
06-28-2005, 11:34 AM
It's easy for UK residents to buy the stock. It's a little more difficult for everyone else. The UK brokers don't accept foreign customers, and if they do you need to have a UK bank account.
In North America, London stocks are not available through most of the regular brokers and discount brokers like E-trade that I am aware of.
One source I have found that is able to purchase London stocks for you is HSBC's brokerage both in the USA & Canada.

anonymous21
06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
www.interactivebrokers.com (http://www.interactivebrokers.com)
bought some this morning

Vee Quiva
06-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone get a symbol on this stock yet?

I saw that it closed the first day of trading at 130.5 pence. That equals 1.305 british pounds. The exchange rate is 1.8 pounds to the dollar, so the stock is worth $.725 a share in US dollars.

MINOTAUR
06-28-2005, 12:34 PM
You got the exchange rate wrong .. it must be 1.8 dollars to a pound /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CrazyN8
06-28-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You got the exchange rate wrong .. it must be 1.8 dollars to a pound /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that's correct....1.8 dollars buy you 1 pound. The price he quoted equals $2.34

What is the symbol, anyway?

solucky
06-28-2005, 03:45 PM
PARYGAMING PLC LS-,0015 (A0ERMF)

bought a few, but read in a german newspaper that the US want make a new law." No moneytransaction from creditcard to gambling"

Harmonica
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
The EPIC is PRTY, I bought about a grands worth today through Hoodless Brennan, dont know whether they allow people from another country to open an account, but the fees are really good if you dont trade much like myself they are 7 pounds per trade.

imported_bingobazza
06-29-2005, 12:10 AM
To be effective, they would also have to shut down neteller/firepay US operation as well....but someone would step into the breach. They would effectively have to restrict and regulate the global online cash transfer business. I dont think its worth the hassle for them. And with Tony Blair and George W such good buddies, I dont think Tony would be best pleased if GW torpedoed a FTSE 100 company and took away all that lovely tax revenue. IMO, nothing will ever change with regard to enforcement of the current (illegal?) status, and the grey area will be left as it is.

Bingo