PDA

View Full Version : Kxo in SB

maxpowers21
06-23-2005, 02:28 AM
What's the lowest Kxo you'll limp in with for
5-10 6max, or 10-206max game from the SB, and why

I'm thinking that the added premium Kx hands that would've been raise increase the chances of not being dominated, but still its such a weak hand out of position in a multiway pot,

with 1 or 2 limps, what are the default lines here

sthief09
06-23-2005, 02:31 AM
this gets a big bold DEPENDS

maxpowers21
06-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Depends on what, where the limpers were from? How aggresive the BB is, ie.. if he will frequently raise?

Assuming a passive BB, one that will only raise with premium-ish hands, how far down will you go

If the BB is laggish i woudl guess to limp nothing below K8o, but of course play any Kxs...

thoughts?

sthief09
06-23-2005, 02:53 AM
all that and how bad the limper(s) play

maxpowers21
06-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Could you ellaborate on that because with 1 limp he should play bad for not open raising in the first place, same goes with 2 limps, so I'm assuming that passive=bad here more often then not, so with that said...

how would one weigh the pros and cons of limping with Kx trash here...

Con: out of position, fundamentally weak hand
Pro: K should flop good top pair hands here most of the time a K drops, and its cheap to see a flop, and the 1 or 2 limps probably play passively= more free cards in general

Using all of this info here i want some decision that i can make to have a gerneal default play until proven otherwise with these type hands.

sweetjazz
06-23-2005, 03:10 AM
Some people play badly preflop and then decent postflop. Others have no clue on all streets.

Playing Kxo OOP postflop is not easy to do. I am pretty tight in the SB because I don't know how to make enough from these hands while still getting away relatively unscathed when I make a second-best hand. If there's one really weak limper or two pretty weak limpers, I'm inclined to limp with K9o and KTo, raise with KJo and up in the SB. With the 2/5 blind structure of 5/10, I don't always complete with Kxs if the x is small enough.

wackjob
06-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Like said above, this is a very read dependent question. Typically I am limping K9o, K10o, KJo, raising K10s, KJs, KQ, KQs etc.

I think I probably don't play weak kings from early position well enough to play anything else from that position.

donger
06-23-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the lowest Kxo you'll limp in with for
5-10 6max, or 10-206max game from the SB, and why

I'm thinking that the added premium Kx hands that would've been raise increase the chances of not being dominated, but still its such a weak hand out of position in a multiway pot,

with 1 or 2 limps, what are the default lines here

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran a THH simulation recently. The conditions were a passive, crappy playing table and an unraised pot, PP 5/10 6max rake structure. I think K6o on down were unprofitable. This isn't saying much, though.