PDA

View Full Version : Problem with SNG tracker

pearljam
06-23-2005, 01:55 AM
It is only reading a percentage of my SNG's the rest it sais File Format not recognized on my empire hand history folder,this sucks because it would really be an awsome tool if it read 100% of them. On the brightside, my false results on SNG tracker are positive wile my real results are negative.

ILuVPuPPiEs
06-23-2005, 01:56 AM
#1. It sucks
#2. It could be freakin awesome...too bad it sucks.

Hood
06-23-2005, 05:17 AM
Make sure you set your player name correctly before importing.

Hood
06-23-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
#1. It sucks
#2. It could be freakin awesome...too bad it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only registered a 3/10 on my trollometer.

pearljam
06-23-2005, 05:29 AM
it is set correctly.

Hood
06-23-2005, 06:07 AM
If you could send through a couple of the HHs to sng at pokercomment dot com I'll take a look.

Amything
06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Hood: its a very nice program, use it and love it.

1 feature request: It would be really nice if you could have one field for comments. Like if you think it was an interesting game you could type something in like "Greatest comeback ever" or "Suckout of the year" or even something useful /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW I use it with Empire without problems.

gildwulf
06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
While we're on the subject, I can't figure out how to use the filters. Help?

Bluff Daddy
06-23-2005, 11:26 AM
does it not work with eurobet?

Hood
06-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Should do in theory. Again, if you're getting problems send some HHs through.

Thanks for the feature request. Will add it to the list. I do plan to do a v0.2 soon.

unfrgvn
06-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I had this problem, but it was the player name issue. I had set it up for my original player and forgot to change when I tried to import my new player name HH's. Once I changed the player name and got it in the correct case it worked. I think it's a great program, I had written a clunky c based program that would churn through and give me totals on the screen. I always meant to turn it into something more but my programming skills are mediocre at best. Thanks for a useful program.

Newt_Buggs
06-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Once again thanks for the program hood, its awesome. Does no one else have the same problem as me though where I can't shut windows down while the program is running? I have to manually close the program, sometimes forced through task manager or my computer will just stall when I try to shut down.

Cunning Linguist
06-23-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again thanks for the program hood, its awesome. Does no one else have the same problem as me though where I can't shut windows down while the program is running? I have to manually close the program, sometimes forced through task manager or my computer will just stall when I try to shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this problem. When trying to shut down, SNG Tracker replicates itself in the tool bar (I could try to shut down ten times and see ten SNG Tracker icons on the bottom right thingy where the clock is) and the PC does not shut down.

tminus
06-23-2005, 03:34 PM
yeah, me too...you have to shut the system tray item down (in task bar near clock)

it also runs multiple copies at once so shut them all down

rvg72
06-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Other than the Windows shutdown problem I have had no issues with it and think it is an excellent tool. The original spreadsheet was great but not having to enter in results is +EV. Thanks Hood!

Cunning Linguist
06-23-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Hood!

[/ QUOTE ]

tminus
06-23-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah its great...i torture myself on a daily basis by viewing the stats

obsessed

Hood
06-24-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this problem. When trying to shut down, SNG Tracker replicates itself in the tool bar (I could try to shut down ten times and see ten SNG Tracker icons on the bottom right thingy where the clock is) and the PC does not shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is meant to be a 'feature'. If you close it down with the 'x' in the top right it will minimize to the tool tray. You then close it down from the tool tray (right-click on the icon, exit). Alternatively you can close it down from the main menu - File > Close. This will shut it down.

I thought I'd fixed the duplicate-version problem. Will check this out.

Thanks for the support. I will certainly make an effort to release a new version soon.

AleoMagus
06-24-2005, 05:53 AM
Hi Hood,

I have expressed my feelings about your SNG tracker elsewhere and in other threads, but to my knowledge, not directly to you yet.

This is a fantastic program. Since it's release, I have not used my old spreadsheet and when I compare the two, I think there is really no question which I prefer.

I understand that some others still use the spreadsheet, and I suppose that given SNG tracker's inability to impor tourneys from some sites, etc... this might make sense.

For someone like me, however, who only cares about my SNG results on the party sites, SNG tracker is far superior. The best thing is just how little effort I now put into record keeping. I have gone through some pretty long stretches without even looking at the tracker or my results. Much different than the old days of knowing your ROI after every set (though I suppose the spreadsheet does this also now if you use pokertracker).

I really have to think that anyone who only plays party and still doesn't use the SNG tracker has not yet fully experimented with the filtering potential.

As far as any future suggestions, and things that I might like to see, I'd just be interested in a bit more statistical info, notably:

Standard Deviation
Confidence

Otherwise, nice work.
Brad S

lacky
06-24-2005, 06:17 AM
I 2nd that, 100%.

Great tool

Steve

Zelcious
06-24-2005, 06:29 AM
I totally agree !
It's just a great tool. Love the filtering tool.
My only complaint is that force watches doesn't work like it should.
Things I would like to see in future versions are more statistical info like aleo said and "OR" in the filter. (I know this would complicate the filter GUI but still, it would be really useful). Also it would be nice to be able to read directly how many first, second, third places you have.
I would just want to say thank you for a such a clean and helpful tool.

joeblo
06-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I think its a great tool. One small glitch i noticed was that if a tourney went over 60 min...like 68 min...it shows up as 8 min. I dont know what that does to the total hours played and the $/hour but thats the only thing I noticed and the not being able to shut down the comp without closing SNG Tracker completely.

Thx for a great tool Hood and I look forward to the next release.

Hood
06-24-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I totally agree !
My only complaint is that force watches doesn't work like it should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate further?

[ QUOTE ]
Things I would like to see in future versions are more statistical info like aleo said and "OR" in the filter. (I know this would complicate the filter GUI but still, it would be really useful). Also it would be nice to be able to read directly how many first, second, third places you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will endeavour to add in OR in the filter. I will also add in labels to the places bar graph so you can see your placement breakdown.

Hood
06-24-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its a great tool. One small glitch i noticed was that if a tourney went over 60 min...like 68 min...it shows up as 8 min. I dont know what that does to the total hours played and the $/hour but thats the only thing I noticed and the not being able to shut down the comp without closing SNG Tracker completely.

Thx for a great tool Hood and I look forward to the next release.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you send me over a hand history that's longer than 60 minutes? email in the OP. Thanks.

Hood
06-24-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Hood,

I have expressed my feelings about your SNG tracker elsewhere and in other threads, but to my knowledge, not directly to you yet.

This is a fantastic program. Since it's release, I have not used my old spreadsheet and when I compare the two, I think there is really no question which I prefer.

I understand that some others still use the spreadsheet, and I suppose that given SNG tracker's inability to impor tourneys from some sites, etc... this might make sense.

For someone like me, however, who only cares about my SNG results on the party sites, SNG tracker is far superior. The best thing is just how little effort I now put into record keeping. I have gone through some pretty long stretches without even looking at the tracker or my results. Much different than the old days of knowing your ROI after every set (though I suppose the spreadsheet does this also now if you use pokertracker).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments. To be honest, before this thread, I didn't think many found it useful. The positive comments throughout have certainly spurred me on to continue development.

As for importing from other sites - I've had an open offer on the site for people to send through hand histories from other sites, but haven't had any response. I would like to add in support for pokerstars and for multi-table sngs. I think I'll do a v0.2, then post a new request for HHs.

Until then, SNG tracker does support manual entry of items. It's a bit clunky at the moment but useable.

[ QUOTE ]

I really have to think that anyone who only plays party and still doesn't use the SNG tracker has not yet fully experimented with the filtering potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, it's rather fiddely and confusing at the moment.

[ QUOTE ]

As far as any future suggestions, and things that I might like to see, I'd just be interested in a bit more statistical info, notably:

Standard Deviation
Confidence

Otherwise, nice work.
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

They're on the list.
Current planss on the next version are:

- Change the interface. I don't like the tabs any more, it gives a nasty flickering.
- Allow users to set up multiple handles. When checking through HHs it checks for all hands.
- Revamp the filtering. Add in support for OR filters.
- Fix current issues with closing down the software. Make the min-to-systray behaviour optional.
- Fix the time bug.
- Add on labels to the bar graph. Optionally switch this to a pie chart.
- Better handling of manual entries, including: remembering the last entry, ability to edit items, comments fields
- More overview stats (so it's up to date with your spreadsheet)

Any other (small) ideas please feel free to let me know here or through email.

Ixnert
06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
One other bug I've run into that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that filtering by time doesn't seem to work -- it doesn't seem to like the format it's getting the time in (I can get the actual error message when I get home if this is indeed an as-yet-unknown problem). I'd like to be able to see what my results are by time of day (the old question about whether the games are tougher/tighter during the US daytime than at night), so while this isn't a major issue, it's something I wouldn't mind seeing fixed if you got around to looking at it.

That not withstanding, I love the program and I love not having to keep track of all of this data by hand (if I don't like what it's telling me, that's my fault /images/graemlins/blush.gif ). Thank you for your work on it, and I look forward to future versions.

Hood
06-24-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One other bug I've run into that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that filtering by time doesn't seem to work -- it doesn't seem to like the format it's getting the time in (I can get the actual error message when I get home if this is indeed an as-yet-unknown problem). I'd like to be able to see what my results are by time of day (the old question about whether the games are tougher/tighter during the US daytime than at night), so while this isn't a major issue, it's something I wouldn't mind seeing fixed if you got around to looking at it.

That not withstanding, I love the program and I love not having to keep track of all of this data by hand (if I don't like what it's telling me, that's my fault /images/graemlins/blush.gif ). Thank you for your work on it, and I look forward to future versions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've had one other report on this. Please send through any more details you have, I will check it out.

Zelcious
06-24-2005, 10:18 PM
The problem with the forced watch is that it misses some tournies that haven't been added. It's seems(not sure) it only works correctly with the first watch in the list.
If I have the tracker running in the background while I play there is never any problem.

Blarg
06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I'd like to be able to choose the .mdb file from Pokertracker to import, instead of having to either stick with the default database or rename the default database, then rename the file I want to import to the default name, import it, rename it back to its old name, and give the default database it's regular name back again. Whew!

That's a bit of a pain and I'm somehow always worried I'll screw something up somehow.

joeblo
06-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Hood,

HH sent...the tourney took 68 min

gr8vertical
06-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Sorry if this question gets asked repeatedly, but could someone point me in the right direction as to where I could download this SNG tracker? Thanks in advance

Hood
06-25-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with the forced watch is that it misses some tournies that haven't been added. It's seems(not sure) it only works correctly with the first watch in the list.
If I have the tracker running in the background while I play there is never any problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks for the report, will check this out.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to be able to choose the .mdb file from Pokertracker to import, instead of having to either stick with the default database or rename the default database, then rename the file I want to import to the default name, import it, rename it back to its old name, and give the default database it's regular name back again. Whew!

That's a bit of a pain and I'm somehow always worried I'll screw something up somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok will change this. For now, there's an easy way to import any file: when you click "import pokertracker database..." and the open dialog appears, type in "*.*" (without the quotes) in the file name box. This will list all the files in the folder, not just one's named ptrack.mdb. You can then select any file to import.

[ QUOTE ]

Hood,

HH sent...the tourney took 68 min

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it, and problem replicated. Will get a fix for this in v0.2. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry if this question gets asked repeatedly, but could someone point me in the right direction as to where I could download this SNG tracker? Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

SNG Tracker Homepage (http://sng.pokercomment.com)

Jonathan
06-25-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It works very well for me with Eurobet, although I too have
encountered a few hands where it said it did not recognize the
format. Not too many though....perhaps 3 out of 300.

I like it very much, and rely on it much more than Poker Tracker.

Suerte,
Jonathan

Jonathan
06-25-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I have the same problem.

Jonathan

Hood
06-25-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It works very well for me with Eurobet, although I too have
encountered a few hands where it said it did not recognize the
format. Not too many though....perhaps 3 out of 300.

I like it very much, and rely on it much more than Poker Tracker.

Suerte,
Jonathan

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, zip up ones that fail and send them over. I've had various people say they've got hands that don't work, but I still haven't had any sent through. I can't fix these bug unless I get copies! Thanks.

octaveshift
06-25-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Please, zip up ones that fail and send them over. I've had various people say they've got hands that don't work, but I still haven't had any sent through. I can't fix these bug unless I get copies! Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hood,

First of all, thanks for a great piece of software. It really is fantastic, and I would gladly PAY for it. Please ignore the people that are slagging it.

That said, w/r/t the HH impots that fail- I have a few that didn't import as well, so I just examined them to see what was going on. It turns out they are RING games.

If the tourney is somethign weird like a Step tourney, the console will show it in the description. IE- "File format not recognized, Party #24242352 Step 4 Tournament"

If it's just a ring game, it will not have that descriptor.

I think if people took a minute to crack open one of the "tournament" histories that aren't being improted, they'd find they are ring games.

You probably aren't getting any examples because there are none. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

gr8vertical
06-25-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SNG Tracker Homepage (http://sng.pokercomment.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ixnert
06-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Ok, here we go:

When I try to add a filter that includes a time (in this case, "Time more than 6:00:00 PM", a dialog box comes up saying the following:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Conversion error from string "6:00:00 PM"

I can provide details from the debugging info that is provided when I click "Details" if needed, but it won't let me cut and paste from there, and it's way too much to transcribe if you don't need it....

Hood
06-26-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, here we go:

When I try to add a filter that includes a time (in this case, "Time more than 6:00:00 PM", a dialog box comes up saying the following:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Conversion error from string "6:00:00 PM"

I can provide details from the debugging info that is provided when I click "Details" if needed, but it won't let me cut and paste from there, and it's way too much to transcribe if you don't need it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I've managed to replicate the problem. It was because you've got your regional settings set to AM/PM display, which screws the time parsing. Will get a fix for that (in the mean time, if you want to use time filters, you'll need to change your time display regional settings from your control panel).

(No need to send me debug text, but as a general tip, you can still copy and paste this. Right click on the box, do Select All, right click again, Copy. You'll find you can do this with allmost any text box in windows, even if it doesn't support the CTRL-C shortcut)

Hood
06-26-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That said, w/r/t the HH impots that fail- I have a few that didn't import as well, so I just examined them to see what was going on. It turns out they are RING games.

If the tourney is somethign weird like a Step tourney, the console will show it in the description. IE- "File format not recognized, Party #24242352 Step 4 Tournament"

I think if people took a minute to crack open one of the "tournament" histories that aren't being improted, they'd find they are ring games.

You probably aren't getting any examples because there are none. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh yes, very good point. I think I need clearer error messages. I also think it would be neat if you double-clicked on the error line it opens up the text file for your to view.

Ixnert
06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Ok, changed my time format settings. Is there any way I can change the tournaments that SNG Tracker has already imported to the new time format? When I set up a filter now for, e.g., time more than 18:00:00, I get no results (I presume because all of the existing entries have the time in the old format). Or would I have to re-import them all?

DamitBob
06-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Tried out your software tonight. Great Job!

I did manual entry and can't figure out how to adjust for 6 man table. The 10 man standard setup is putting my 3rd place finishes to ITM.

Help please!

Jonathan
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hood,

First of all, thanks for a great piece of software. It really is fantastic, and I would gladly PAY for it. Please ignore the people that are slagging it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be it. I'll keep my eye out for the next time
I notice it and let you know, one way or the other.

Suerte,
Jonathan

pearljam
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
this defenetly is not the problem as I play exclusively SNG's. BTW I have the same problem with SNG pro.

Hood
06-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Again, please send through these hand histories. It shows you in the console what files failed. Just zip up a few of 'em and send them over. I can't fix this unless I get example hand histories. I'm very confident I can get a fix for this if you send them through.

pearljam
06-27-2005, 09:19 AM
I'de like to, but I can not reveal my screename to anyone, sorry. other people have this problem, ask them.

Hood
06-27-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tried out your software tonight. Great Job!

I did manual entry and can't figure out how to adjust for 6 man table. The 10 man standard setup is putting my 3rd place finishes to ITM.

Help please!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid only 10-man SNG's are supported. The payout structure and finish distribution is hard-coded in to the software. I will look to supporting others but you're the first to request it and it's quite a big change. Don't think it'll make it in to v0.2.

octaveshift
06-27-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'de like to, but I can not reveal my screename to anyone, sorry. other people have this problem, ask them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you KIDDING me?

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hood
06-27-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you post a thread asking for help with a bug in the program, but then refuse to send me the HH so I can fix it? What kind of response did you expect? What do you really think I'm going to do armed with your screenname? You can change it on Party every 6 months...

And why don't you just do a find/replace on the file and replace your name with something else.

trdi
06-27-2005, 01:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!