PDA

View Full Version : Heads up in the SB...QQ...

thirddan
06-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is uknown and only been at my table for 5 hands, only played one and didn't raise pf or showdown...

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ???

comments on turn and river appreciated, reasoning is good too, thanks...

Moneyline
06-23-2005, 01:39 AM
I'd rather 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. With 2 spades and straight possibilites out there your opponent could be raising for a free card, so when you check the turn he might check behind. If this happens it's a total disaster for you. IMO, this is the most critical street on this particular hand.

However, since you called the flop raise I think a turn check/raise is your best move. Even though an overcard came, you still figure to be ahead of most hands your opponent would have raised with on the flop.

On the river I probably would have played it the same. It looks like you have just enough to value bet, and by the time he raises the pot is too big to fold. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd call.

imported_leader
06-23-2005, 01:42 AM
I'd 3-bet the flop. Since you didn't, the turn is fine. I'd fold the river. He would have to be some kind of manic to be raising you on the river with something you bet here given the action. You’re turn CR screams “I have a monster.” His river raise says “I got a monster beat.” Fold.

JoshuaD
06-23-2005, 02:06 AM
3-bet the flop and take it from there. If he caps check to him on the turn, otherwise bet. Getting fancy will just cost you money usually.

But I'm stoned so I might be talking nonsense.

cold_cash
06-23-2005, 02:37 AM
If he's on a draw, (or otherwise losing), I don't want to take any line where I check the turn. That said, I would 3-bet the flop and bet out on the turn.

I would probably check/call this river, too, simply because I can't stand being raised. That 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif is a shitty card. (I guess if you can bet/fold it, betting is probably okay, but bet/calling kinda bites, especially after the turn acion.)

thirddan
06-23-2005, 03:30 AM
hero calls like an idiot getting 12-1 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

villain shows AT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i think you guys are right about 3betting this draw heavy board to avoid free cards and such...

river is a [censored] card, so now i think check/call or bet/fold is best...

Nate tha' Great
06-23-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you guys are right about 3betting this draw heavy board to avoid free cards and such...

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason to 3-bet is just because you have the best hand and want to get more money in. Pretty simple, really.

thirddan
06-23-2005, 04:47 AM
i get an extra SB when i c/r the turn?

there have to be other reasons that 3betting is better, is it because of potential free cards? perhaps he will bet but not call the c/r with a worse hands?