PDA

View Full Version : BrassBalls, TY Mike Emery and Michael Davis

BeerMoney
06-23-2005, 12:34 AM
The title of this post comes from a post I made a while back about a hand I played against a super maniac in a gigantic pot.

Guy with the 4 flush on board was a total maniac.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes

4th Street - (3.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.35 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street - (6.35 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (9.35 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises

Total pot: (10.35 BB)

mscags
06-23-2005, 12:42 AM
NH you've gotter big gonads than I do.

TheShootah
06-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Just about the biggest gonads I have ever seen I think...

Andy B
06-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm dating myself here, but there was a movie that came out around 1983 called "This is Spinal Tap." It was a spoof on rock and roll bands, metal bands in particular. At one point in the movie, the guitarist, Nigel, played by Christopher Guest, said something to the effect of, "there's such a fine line between clever....and stupid."

Anyway, with two pair, I call this down. With only the one pair, there's just too great of a chance that you're beaten and won't be able to get everyone to fold. You have to hope that the guy with the clubs doesn't have a flush and that he won't hit on the river. The guy with the open fours more than likely has two pair. You have to hope that he doesn't fill and he doesn't get stubborn and call anyway. Your hand is pretty dead. This is problematic because not only will it be difficult to improve (to a hand that might not win anyway), but it should also be difficult to convince your opponents that you have a big hand if they are observant and especially if they read your posts (I don't mean that as an insult).

I'm glad it worked out, but I think there are better spots for your money. When the action got to you on sixth street, there were 7 BB or so in the pot, and your little scheme required a 3 BB inveestment. I just don't think a ploy like this will work often enough to be worthwhile.

BeerMoney
06-23-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to hope that the guy with the clubs doesn't have a flush and that he won't hit on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, my fondness for the call button is unmatched. UR right tho.

[ QUOTE ]

The guy with the open fours more than likely has two pair. You have to hope that he doesn't fill and he doesn't get stubborn and call anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.

[ QUOTE ]
if they are observant and especially if they read your posts (I don't mean that as an insult).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Respect BeerMoney.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm glad it worked out

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I guess the point of the post was mostly the river play, and that it can work. I assume the other guy had two pair, maybe he didn't. But I got a nice pot.

PS. I'm stuck for 900 in the 20/40 at the bellagio.

Roland
06-23-2005, 04:54 AM
I used this play two times in the past, I think. And there were several more occasion where I wish I had.
Oh, and your new location is wrong. It should be „Making a Gutsy Raise “.

MRBAA
06-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, it's a raise or fold situation here, i think. I don't believe I can fold sixth, since there's a good chance my jacks up could be good if I make it. It's close though, as Andy B. noted.

There are about 11bb when it comes to you on the river -- so the raise has to work about 1 in 5 times to pay off. You can fold to a three bet by either opponent. I don't hate it....