PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gigabet...

wiggs73
06-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Players have never been more willing to make -EV calls, then sign up on here, post their hand history, and brag about how good of a play they made. Hey, after all, losing half their stack doesn't hurt them THAT bad, especially not when they had the chance to have ALMOST as many chips as the chip-leader. It's amazing, really.

In other news, I don't want to be accused of littering the forum with content-less posts, so here:

Blinds are 25-50, you're in middle position. UTG+1 limps and you have 77. Your stack is t525. 8 people total at the table. What's your line?

Discuss either of these 2 topics.

gumpzilla
06-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you are massively overestimating the market penetration (for lack of a better term) of the recent Gigabet post among the masses.

Sponger15SB
06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you are massively overestimating the market penetration (for lack of a better term) of the recent Gigabet post among the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, hes just a huge nit and likes the .01% increase in his true ROI

wiggs73
06-23-2005, 12:03 AM
No, but I do see about 1 new thread a day where someone says they applied Gigabet's theory to a hand. Usually it's just horrible misapplication of his theory that resulted in an equally horrible call or push.

To clarify, I don't think this has ANY impact on me or any of my statistics (ITM, ROI, etc). I just think some of these threads with the phrase "I was thinking about Gigabet's Q3 hand, so I pushed over the top" are entertaining. That is all.

Phoenix1010
06-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Maybe this will be a new trend. People can post meaningless gossip/jokes/observations/etc. and tag it with a throwaway poker related topic at the end and everything will be cool. Blah.

Words can't express how useless your first point is. We really need more people dropping Gigabet's name into posts with nothing to say. If you want to discuss the second point, make an on topic post.

I throw my hat in with those who say this forum is going to [censored].

-Phoenix

wiggs73
06-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Lord, I make 200 good posts, 1 meaningless one, and everything goes to hell. I'll delete the thread if I still can. If not, my sincerest apologies.

We'll let this thread die quietly now.

Moonsugar
06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
You are a forum God. I make at least 200 useless posts for every useful one.

Voltron87
06-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I haven't played an SNG in 2 weeks and I love it.

NL 6 max is soooo much more profitable and you'll learn more about poker.

Phoenix1010
06-23-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, except I'm playing NL full, and killing it. I suppose I'll come back to SnG's at some point. I'd hope that the forum is still somewhat useful when I do.

To Wiggs, didn't mean to bite your head off, I just took a bad beat. Even Pooh Bah's are diluting the content here though, I find myself clicking on this forum less and less.

-Phoenix

freemoney
06-23-2005, 12:52 AM
i dont know how much more profitable it is, in terms of learning it is much much more valuable NL ring 6 max especially.

Sponger15SB
06-23-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny. Switch the two and that basically describes my last month

adanthar
06-23-2005, 01:00 AM
This thread is great because if you switch NL ring to MTT's it basically describes my last month and a half, too.

Problem is a bunch of the best posters all went to Vegas at the same time. They'll be back.

skipperbob
06-23-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lord, I make 200 good posts, 1 meaningless one, and everything goes to hell

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif U2....I thought it just happened 2 me /images/graemlins/confused.gif

durron597
06-23-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are a forum God. I make at least 200 useless posts for every useful one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you made your 3rd useful post yet?